Rise Of The Tomb Raider

ORDER_66

Demon Time coming 2024
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
why do ppl here hate tr so much? i think it's a great franchise. Last game was amazing :yeshrug: Fallout 3 was over rated and boring

I dont think people hate the game, alot of people hate the meddlinng by microsoft in that backdoor deal. Alot of the xbots here on the board was so proud microsoft made tomb raider exclusive to xbox one they thought it was COMPLETELY exclusive. THEY WAS WRONG!!! :russ: the rumors started then they was clarified at E3 that the exclusivity deal would only last one year... :mindblown:

Alot of the xbots was like microsoft co-funded the game, blah blah blah, they helped with production the game wouldnt be coming out.... IT was BULLshyt the game was 90% done anyways by the time square got the deal from MS. we would have had the game on all systems without the meddling by MS & Square. another aspect of why it pissed people off is because xbox one is the weaker system with less the install base than PS4 and yet the deal is only for one year square would have made more money by NOT agreeing to it!!! :mindblown:

So now we gotta wait a full year until we on ps4 can play the game... which was bullshyt from jump, but no one could have predicted Fallout 4 would drop on the same fukking day.... as tomb raider.... :mjlol: Square fukked themselves over, i hope that check was worth it.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
I dont think people hate the game, alot of people hate the meddlinng by microsoft in that backdoor deal. Alot of the xbots here on the board was so proud microsoft made tomb raider exclusive to xbox one they thought it was COMPLETELY exclusive. THEY WAS WRONG!!! :russ: the rumors started then they was clarified at E3 that the exclusivity deal would only last one year... :mindblown:

Alot of the xbots was like microsoft co-funded the game, blah blah blah, they helped with production the game wouldnt be coming out.... IT was BULLshyt the game was 90% done anyways by the time square got the deal from MS. we would have had the game on all systems without the meddling by MS & Square. another aspect of why it pissed people off is because xbox one is the weaker system with less the install base than PS4 and yet the deal is only for one year square would have made more money by NOT agreeing to it!!! :mindblown:

So now we gotta wait a full year until we on ps4 can play the game... which was bullshyt from jump, but no one could have predicted Fallout 4 would drop on the same fukking day.... as tomb raider.... :mjlol: Square fukked themselves over, i hope that check was worth it.
Most of them are ps4 stans and i get that (the same ones that say that TR is an Uncharted ripoff, when clearly its the other way around)
but why do they care when they release the game? If they release it on the same day as fallout? Who cares if it's "rise of the flop"?
You not feeling me? Fine; it cost you nothing - pay me no mind ·:yeshrug:.
I play on a PC and i dont pay console exclusives the attention that ps4 players pay to x box exclusives.
Sure, i would love to play the last of us or the other great console exclusives, i just cant.
But i dont bytch about how that game is stupid or how the company is retarded just because i cant play it

Anyway? since when did the fallout franchise get so big? ppl talk about it like it's fukking GTA. I dont remember the older fallout games being so popular

Last edited:

ORDER_66

Demon Time coming 2024
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Most of them are ps4 stans and i get that (the same ones that say that TR is an Uncharted ripoff, when clearly its the other way around)
but why do they care when they release the game? if they release it on the same day as fallout? who cares if it's "rise of the flop"?
you not feeling me? Fine; it cost you nothing - pay me no mind ·:yeshrug:

I'm not even the biggest PS4 stan but it was a bad business decision to screw the PS4 gamers over... The thing is That E3 show bethesda went first and microsoft and square still decided to release it on NOV 10th even though it was gonna be crowded as fukk i mean NFS, blackops 3, and Fallout 4 within the same week????

:heh: The total install base for xbox one users is 8 milly ps4 25 milly... So your gonna bet on the 8 milly to buy the game when you could have made a grand profit by releasing the game on all systems at a later date... Square & MS tried to screw the fanbase over and it backfired on them..

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
I'm not even the biggest PS4 stan but it was a bad business decision to screw the PS4 gamers over... The thing is That E3 show bethesda went first and microsoft and square still decided to release it on NOV 10th even though it was gonna be crowded as fukk i mean NFS, blackops 3, and Fallout 4 within the same week????

:heh: The total install base for xbox one users is 8 milly ps4 25 milly... So your gonna bet on the 8 milly to buy the game when you could have made a grand profit by releasing the game on all systems at a later date... Square & MS tried to screw the fanbase over and it backfired on them..
how did it backfire? how do you know how much money square got from microsoft?
from what i see the last tomb raider sold about 8.5 million copies. Idk if this is good or bad for a game like TR.
Ok, this one will not touch that even with another release date. But im sure microsoft made it worth their while

ORDER_66

Demon Time coming 2024
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
from what i see the last tomb raider sold about 8.5 million copies. Idk if this is good or bad for a game like TR.
Ok, this one will not touch that even with another release date. But im sure microsoft made it worth their while

Like I said before... I hope it was worth it.... :manny:

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps

Well the exclusivity announcement and how it was handled created negative publicity for the game.
MS obviously did this to counter Uncharted but that was moot since UC4 was delayed to 2016.
Its exclusive to the 2nd least popular console where Tomb Raider is the least popular. Most of the TR fanbase is in Europe on PlayStation.
Launching into a COD,Halo,Fallout,Battlefront storm.

I'm sure MS compensated them for not releasing it on PS4 but not enough for the game outright bombing.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
Well the exclusivity announcement and how it was handled created negative publicity for the game.
MS obviously did this to counter Uncharted but that was moot since UC4 was delayed to 2016.
Its exclusive to the 2nd least popular console where Tomb Raider is the least popular. Most of the TR fanbase is in Europe on PlayStation.
Launching into a COD,Halo,Fallout,Battlefront storm.

I'm sure MS compensated them for not releasing it on PS4 but not enough for the game outright bombing.
the game bombed? is it even out yet?

ORDER_66

Demon Time coming 2024
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

It hasnt bombed per se' but not many people are checking for it, as much as fallout... :francis: or Blackops or even star wars battlefront.

Ign keeps trying to do these cute little videos and it's like all the comments are downing it...:francis:

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
It hasnt bombed per se' but not many people are checking for it, as much as fallout... :francis: or Blackops or even star wars battlefront.

Ign keeps trying to do these cute little videos and it's like all the comments are downing it...:francis:
All of those games are multi platform :troll:

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps

:francis:

Okay, you exited for the game I get that but you don't notice how unusually quiet it is for a major AAA franchise release? The lack of discussion? The lack of excitement?

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
:francis:

Okay, you exited for the game I get that but you don't notice how unusually quiet it is for a major AAA franchise release? The lack of discussion? The lack of excitement?
im not excited... i dont even have an x box. Lack of discussion? Just search tomb raider on the coli. Most of them are made by PS4 stans :mjlol: but still
Again...excitment, sales, release dates, buzz.... why does this matter to you? As a customer the only thing that you should care is the quality of the product. Let Microsoft or who ever to worry about those other things

Skilltastrophy

Mizzou Mafia
Daps
im not excited... i dont even have an x box. Lack of discussion? Just search tomb raider on the coli. Most of them are made by PS4 stans :mjlol: but still
Again...excitment, sales, release dates, buzz.... why does this matter to you? As a customer the only thing that you should care is the quality of the product. Let Microsoft or who ever to worry about those other things
Disagree a bit here. If you're a fan of the game and hope for sequels or may games in the same vein then you want it to sell really, really well. Video games are big business...if something flops then a sequel or similar game becomes less likely due to them not wanting to risk another loss. Or they pull resources from that game to compensate for the loss. Sure you want good games, but sales matter too if you want more of that game.