Rise of the Tomb Raider [Official Thread] PS4 finally experiencing greatness

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finished the game today, really enjoyed definitely in my top 5 GOTY I'd probably give a 8.5-9 I think I have to deduct points because of the somewhat sluggish aiming which got me killed a few times. BUT I have to get a few people gifts and I gotta feed the monkey so I might end up trading it in :( last time I did that to a game I really liked I regretted it.... but the lust for new games is strong plus holiday travels......

I haven't beat it yet but you are absolutely right about the aiming...it's actually pretty bad but still a great game so far.

They need to make the next one 60fps...that should help the aiming out a lot.

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
I haven't beat it yet but you are absolutely right about the aiming...it's actually pretty bad but still a great game so far.

They need to make the next one 60fps...that should help the aiming out a lot.
i may have already mentioned it in this thread but there's input lag in the Xbox one version. The 360 version is plays much better apparently, which is crazy.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not the 30fps, it's some input lag. Other 30fps games play fine.
i know its not only the 30fps...i still think it would help. I always felt 60fps shooters had better feeling aim. These days the only 30fps aiming i can tolerate is the halo's (not the xbox one version) and the naughty dog games.

i could never quite get in to the last gen battlefield games when they were 30fps ...the aiming just wasnt right but as soon as the current gens versions dropped i was hooked. aiming felt MUCH better at 60fps.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

Rise of the Tomb Raider Comes to PC on January 28; Includes 4K Support and More
Originally released back in November as a timed exclusive for Xbox One and Xbox 360, the critically-acclaimed Rise of the Tomb Raider was previously confirmed for release this month to kick off the new year, and now Square Enix has confirmed the exact release along with tons of new info about the game’s upcoming PC release.

Publisher Square Enix confirmed that Rise of the Tomb Raider will be releasing on January 28th, 2016, with the PC version available in three different pricing options. The first option will be the standard edition of the game for $59.99, while a Digital Deluxe Edition will also be available for $89.99 that includes “nearly all current and future DLC,” most likely containing the extra content from the game’s Season Pass (reg. $29.99).

The third option will be a special Collector’s Edition of the game for $149.99, which includes a retail copy of the game, a special Steelbook case, the game’s Season Pass, and various physical collectible goods: a replica of Lara Croft’s journal, her jade necklace, and a 12″ tall collectible statue of Lara. Pre-orders of the Collector’s Edition will also include a free copy of the 2013 Tomb Raider reboot on PC.

Alongside the PC release, Square Enix confirmed that the title will feature Windows 10 support and 4K resolution, as Square detailed that “PC players are a passionate, devoted audience and we know they’ll embrace the version created for their systems.”

Square also released the minimum requirements needed for Rise of the Tomb Raider on PC through the game’s online store page, though no recommended specs were made avaialble at this time, which you can view below:

Minimum Specifications:

• Minimum OS: Windows 7 64bit
  • Processor: Intel Core i3-2100 or AMD equivalent
  • GPU: NVIDIA GTX 650 2GB or AMD HD7770 2GB
  • RAM: 6GB
  • HD Space: 25GB
  • DirectX: DirectX 11
  • Input: Mouse Keyboard
In addition to the specs, Square also provided several screenshots of the title in 4K resolution, which you can view below (we recommend opening them in a new window for the full effect).

Rise of the Tomb Raider is available now for Xbox One and Xbox 360, with the PC version to release on January 28th, 2016 – the game’s PS4 version will also release later in 2016.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

Rise of the Tomb Raider Game Director Moves to Infinity Ward; Tomb Raider Left in “Very Capable Hands”
Rise of the Tomb Raider Game Director Brian Horton has left Crystal Dynamics and moved on to work at Infinity Ward, as mentioned on hisTwitter account.

Horton isn’t just a veteran game developer, but he’s also an accomplished artist, and in fact he worked on the 2013 Tomb Raider reboot as Art Director. He will reprise this role at his new creative home, where he’ll work at Studio Art Director.

If you’re worried about Tomb Raider, Horton also mentioned on Twitter that Creative Director Noah Huges is still in charge, and that the franchise is still in “very capable hands.”

Personally, I definitely loved Rise of the Tomb Raider, and I’m quite curious to see if Horton’s contribution will help increase the quality of the studio’s upcoming Call of Duty game, which should be announced this year

pixel.gif