Rise of the Tomb Raider [Official Thread] PS4 finally experiencing greatness

Black Samurai

Kill or Be Killed
Daps
Reppin
California
game is outstanding. Had to force myself to stop playing it last night so I don't beat it too quickly. I like the crafting elements they added. Reminds me a lot of The Last of Us.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
The problem isn't just Fallout. The real issue with the release date is dropping so close to 2 of the absolute biggest shooters in the history of console gaming; Halo and Call of Duty. Dropping on the same day as Fallout 4 only makes it worse. In the end, the most important thing though is that the game is incredible (from the reviews I've read). Its way too early to say whether or not the sales will see any damage from its release date. I don't even remember much coming out in December. I think dropping this game in the first week of December would have been much smarter.
I don't know what possessed them to release it today. Microsoft really forced the issue for CD with the timed exclusivity. I can't imagine what they had to pay to have it released at a time when its sales are gonna get cannibalized by all these other heavy hitters.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't know what possessed them to release it today. Microsoft really forced the issue for CD with the timed exclusivity. I can't imagine what they had to pay to have it released at a time when its sales are gonna get cannibalized by all these other heavy hitters.
It was pretty much to have something against Uncharted 4 which funny enough got delayed(to undoubtedly be even better since it's allegedly the last Uncharted game with Drake or w/e.)
They should've delayed this to something in December after the hype from Halo, COD and FO4 dies. TR is not a major game that pushes consoles. It sold practically the same amount across 5 systems whereas The Last of Us sold roughly the same across two.

TLOU sold over 8 Million
TLOU sold over 8 Million on PS3/PS4 combined.

Tomb Raider Reboot sold 8.5 Million

Tomb Raider reboot has sold 8.5 million copies

Clearly TR is not up yet up there with the big boys in terms of selling potential.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
It was pretty much to have something against Uncharted 4 which funny enough got delayed(to undoubtedly be even better since it's allegedly the last Uncharted game with Drake or w/e.)
They should've delayed this to something in December after the hype from Halo, COD and FO4 dies. TR is not a major game that pushes consoles. It sold practically the same amount across 5 systems whereas The Last of Us sold roughly the same across two.

TLOU sold over 8 Million
TLOU sold over 8 Million on PS3/PS4 combined.

Tomb Raider Reboot sold 8.5 Million

Tomb Raider reboot has sold 8.5 million copies

Clearly TR is not up yet up there with the big boys in terms of selling potential.
It just reeks of desperation...and the game is still coming out on PS4. If they release that one around the same time next year, it's gonna get buried again. Just terrible handling of this game by everybody involved.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Pretty damn good graphics for an X1 game. I'm upscaling to 4K, but still...I'm impressed :leon:

Breh I got a 2010 model 44 inch Samsung and that shyt looks great. Does it really look that much better on 4k? Do I need to update my TV setup cop and cop something new or at least a 2014 model to get the best out my xbox one?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Breh I got a 2010 model 44 inch Samsung and that shyt looks great. Does it really look that much better on 4k? Do I need to update my TV setup cop and cop something new or at least a 2014 model to get the best out my xbox one?
Yeah upscaling technology is really good now. I recommend a Samsung 4K. Get the 10-bit panel model. It's around $1500.