Rise Of The Ronin (PS5/PC, Team Ninja, 2024) (NO OPEN SPOILERS)

Maximus Rex

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Evils of Men
This is the worst Team Ninja game I've played.

How do you have more of a story than Nioh, Nioh 2, and Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty but end up with a worst story.

This Pro/Anti Shogunate shxt is so goddamn boring, you beat a boss, then they are your friend, you do missions for them, beat a boss, and they become your friend, rinse and repeat.

In previous games they had historical history as the context of the plot but an original main story running through it, Nioh and Wo Long, but in this game they made historical history the main driving force and I care nothing for it, anti/pro shogunate I really don't even give a damn who wins.

avoid this shxt

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is the worst Team Ninja game I've played.

How do you have more of a story than Nioh, Nioh 2, and Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty but end up with a worst story.

This Pro/Anti Shogunate shxt is so goddamn boring, you beat a boss, then they are your friend, you do missions for them, beat a boss, and they become your friend, rinse and repeat.

In previous games they had historical history as the context of the plot but an original main story running through it, Nioh and Wo Long, but in this game they made historical history the main driving force and I care nothing for it, anti/pro shogunate I really don't even give a damn who wins.

avoid this shxt

Nobody is playing this game for the story, have you never played a Team Ninja game before our something???

Maximus Rex

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Evils of Men
Nobody is playing this game for the story, have you never played a Team Ninja game before our something???

Have you?

LIke I said Nioh, Nioh 2, and Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty barely have a goddamn story and it's better than this shxt. I'm going on a mission with an ally then go on another mission and he's the goddamn boss.

fukk outta here.

If you want to have a terrible story fine, but don't waste my time with these cutscenes, dialogue, 50 different characters and their pro/anti motivations AND have a terrible story. Where their previous games succeeded was giving you the bare minimum and telling you go kill shxt, this game wants you to do that exact same thing but waste your time on developing a plot you don't give a damn about.

You can play see no evil but so far this game is nothing but fight boss, recruit boss to side pro/anti side, be friends, rinse and repeat.

There isn't even an overarching villain right now on the 2nd map :mjtf:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
In your longhouse if you goto Relax > Redesign you can make and save outfits that replace your gear’s appearance, so you can wear that body piece you have with the higher stats while still looking how you want
Yup

Was wondering how all this time I was rocking the Ryu Hayabusa still

Maximus Rex

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Evils of Men
Spent like 5 hours this morning doing random side quests

ronin.jpg

MuzzyP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Carolina
A lot of reviewers have said the open world formula is “dated” but it really isnt any more dated than games like Ghost of Tsushima or Horizon. It’s just that those games are gorgeous to look at and are very visually stimulating while this game has frame drops in the rain and hella texture pop in so it puts everything else under a microscope

I'm already putting this over GoT because I prefer the RPG elements, story, and combat despite the Yakuza 0 graphics:manny:.
Strong words. Will probably pick this up within the next month or so. Need to scratch my Samurai itch, and I can't dikk ride Jin Sakai forever.

Still not over Nobu though.

Daps
Some of these fights are straight up anime status :skip:

That boss fight at the end of chapter 1 was some fukkery, 3-2 and they was still handling us.

Was tempted to change the difficulty but I stayed solid :wow:

When do I unlock these teleportation moves?