RIP to legendary Manga artist Akira Toriyama

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
You know what’s weird? This sadness feel like how I felt when dragonball got ended and Goku was like farewell. I remember being so sad like irrationally sad cause it felt like Goku was gone. Like that final goodbye Goku had felt like a gut punch. I didn’t even love GT like that but that ending hit me so hard. Felt like a huge part of my childhood was gone. I was 11 and I almost cried. Had to talk to myself like “It’s just a tv show. You aren’t a baby”.

Now with Toriyama passing I feel that same like hollow pain x 100. Like damn we really not gonna see this man create again. I didn't even like Super but it was comforting knowing bro was still cooking up for new generations. Just seeing the IG post a free IG posts from mainly black men that I know just shows how insane his impact was. I’m really hard pressed to think of a single form of fictional media more impactful on my life. Rest in Power Toriyama

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
I love Super and felt that it was kind of his victory lap for him. I’m happy he was able to come back and still give us Super. The Tournament of Power and that Broly movie alone was a return to form for me. I even went to see Super Hero by myself in the theaters(wifey wasn’t interested) Plus I’m still reading the Super manga every time it comes out monthly
Hopefully Toyatoro has it in himself to continue and finish it because he got the keys now. I’m sure he’ll make Toriyama proud :(
Rest in Power

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
ZgnyEJy.gif