RIP OJ Simpson

Daps
Yeah I agree all the people who truly hated oj back in the mid -90s when this all went down are either dead , old or just let it go ….. this new generation don’t care as much
Truth.

Americans look at 9/11 as the milestone but I think the OJ trial was THAT moment.

People were recording the trial on VCR. 24/7 News started becoming more of "a thing." The media apparatus in place because of OJ is why Clinton/Lewinsky had so much detailed coverage.

There was no social media and internet was the realm of college kids and tech nerds. Early 90s, brehs had Martin, Def Jam and all the good movies plus whites still had more of an intrinsic fear of brehs.

Rodney King, LA Riots etc., had just went down. OJ was that moment where Black folks were like "OK....racism is a bytch but a breh with $$$$ might get a fair shake." Shyt was monumental.

White folks HATED that shyt.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A high level law enforcement guy told me the son did it way back in 1999. Among many other things he said, it was why the son came running out the house flipping at the end of the bronco chase on national TV. OJ was 100% tryna take the charge for his son.
that always made sense to me

i don't think he did it, because they would have stone cold proved it. but that bronco chase was not the act of a man who wasn't involved :dead:

Bigsuk

Tha realest n***a
Daps
Truth.

Americans look at 9/11 as the milestone but I think the OJ trial was THAT moment.

People were recording the trial on VCR. 24/7 News started becoming more of "a thing." The media apparatus in place because of OJ is why Clinton/Lewinsky had so much detailed coverage.

There was no social media and internet was the realm of college kids and tech nerds. Early 90s, brehs had Martin, Def Jam and all the good movies plus whites still had more of an intrinsic fear of brehs.

Rodney King, LA Riots etc., had just went down. OJ was that moment where Black folks were like "OK....racism is a bytch but a breh with $$$$ might get a fair shake." Shyt was monumental.

White folks HATED that shyt.
Yeah I agree ….just due to how likeable oj was aswell then for him to have that huge fall from grace was crazy ….like I said if I had to sum up oj in a few words or sentences I would say definitely one of the most bizarre rise and falls from grace … and he was 1 ov the most controversial figures from modern day times ….

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
R.i.p nordberg :mjcry:

gZd2uR.gif