RIP Muhammad Ali 1942 - 2016

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Saw this on CNN this morning...

Made me sick to my stomach. He is one of THE greatest figures of all of black media in history. He is a champion outside of the ring, and I am happy to live a life where I appreciate everything that he has done for his own people.

Rest in Power to the greatest :salute:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Its just crazy to me that the 10 most famous people living or dead in this world are/were all Black..none of them have a living male son to carry on the lineage...

With the exception of jordan

Mj
Ali
Mandela
Obama
Whitney
Oprah
Ali son broke and living in Chicago. There is an article about it.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
2016 aint shyt, Lose our heroes and the villains are winning

When you have legends like Prince that stood up to the corrupt music industry and making his own way, and Ali for making bold statements about the hypocrisy of the government, dying

But

You got cats worshipping goons turned rappers that kill black people

Yes, something in this world is VERY wrong.

May Muhammad Ali rest in power.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
RIP to the Greatest. Truly staggering when you consider what he risked and lost to stand up for his principles, whereas we live in a better situation today yet most athletes refuse to take even the most minor stance for what's right. Dude risked jail and lost his HW title to help spark the anti-Vietnam war movement. I thought about that so much a few years ago when the Clippers decided to play that playoff game after the Donald Sterling thing. They should NOT have played that game. Hell I wish the players shut the entire playoffs down and said there would not be one more game until Sterling was removed.

The NBA dropped a golden opportunity by not protesting against Sterling.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
RIP to the Greatest. Truly staggering when you consider what he risked and lost to stand up for his principles, whereas we live in a better situation today yet most athletes refuse to take even the most minor stance for what's right. Dude risked jail and lost his HW title to help spark the anti-Vietnam war movement. I thought about that so much a few years ago when the Clippers decided to play that playoff game after the Donald Sterling thing. They should NOT have played that game. Hell I wish the players shut the entire playoffs down and said there would not be one more game until Sterling was removed.

This is pissed me off with the Sterling situation. I was angry as fukk. They having white people to removed him , not us.

MAGNETO.

#STARKSET #LEMONCAKEGANG #NYGBIGBLUE
Daps
Reppin
NY FOOTBALL GIANTS. #STARKSET
We're too integrated now. The modern day black athlete has a TOTALLY different mindset as a Muhammad Ali. They're content. They don't have a sense of racial pride.

We'll probably never have a major "conscious" black athlete again to use his platform to inspire and raise awareness again.

RIP

He’d be diagnosed in 1984, four years after having taken a brutal beating from his one time sparring partner, Larry Holmes. It’s ironic that Parkinson’s would afflict Ali voice during the same year Michael Jordan would enter America’s consciousness as the black athletic superstar whose own voice was tinged by profit margins, and filtered through multiple layers of nothingness. The era of the corporate black athlete had arrived, and Ronald Reagan’s ‘Greed is Good’ Gordon Gecko ethos meant that Ali’s voice was now marginalized, while the white American boxes that kept modern black athletes in line with millions of dollars and basketball shoe deals flourished.

LMAO the accuracy