RIP Muhammad Ali 1942 - 2016

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its just odd seeing Whites, non-Black Muslims, and even African muslims who have a propensity of calling African Americans the n word or making fun of our heritage and enslaved ancestors pay respects but I guess thats how it is when you "transcend." Its a damn shame I didn't grow up in an era where athletes actually had a message to deliver to the world.
makes my stomach turn. just shameless

RealAssanova

Ethnic Vagitarian
Daps
Reppin
6 Side.
man, i ain't gonne lie....i teared up last night watching some of his interviews and speeches and i'm tearin up now reading everyone's comments. :mjcry:

Words cannot even begin to describe how much of a man and pillar he was. I'm just glad he is free from all that discomfort and suffering and has finally returned home to the almighty one.

May allah grant his soul eternal peace and may he reach the highest level of paradise insha'allah. Ameen.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Its just odd seeing Whites, non-Black Muslims, and even African muslims who have a propensity of calling African Americans the n word or making fun of our heritage and enslaved ancestors pay respects but I guess thats how it is when you "transcend." Its a damn shame I didn't grow up in an era where athletes actually had a message to deliver to the world.
Especially these non-black Muslims who have REPEATEDLY made fun of and trashed the set of Islam Ali was apart of. But that's something for another time.

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
He lived in Berrien Springs, right outside the city my family and I are from. It wasn't shyt to see him out and about when he was healthier.

My grandma took us to see the first Batman movie, and he was there. My grandma was like: "Look y'all, there's Muhammad Ali." Me and my brother yelled "Grandma, there's Muhammad Ali!" He covered his mouth like he was stifling a laugh, and shook his fist at us :russ:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
St louis
knew it was coming but damn man.
:mjcry:

wat6rr.jpg

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
alot of the Arab muslims I've seen chime in refusing to acknowledge his blackness just like White folks

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We're too integrated now. The modern day black athlete has a TOTALLY different mindset as a Muhammad Ali. They're content. They don't have a sense of racial pride.

We'll probably never have a major "conscious" black athlete again to use his platform to inspire and raise awareness again.

RIP

No there is one on their way, he will be in the league in 7 yrs, remember the name Jamal shaw

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
Muhammad Ali will always be the greatest boxer that's ever lived imo because of his impact on not only the sport and the way it was played, but on popular culture. He was a man who was resilient & believed in something and fought for not only that but for his freedom and rights, and was a symbol for a generation, who embodied what a real man was supposed to be like, sensitive as he was tough. He was a human being as we all are, but human beings like him are rare.

huge personal inspiration

Rest Easy Champ