RIP MF DOOM

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
One thing that's been left out of the narrative of Zev turning into Doom (for understandable reasons) is the fact that he was heavy in the Ansar community in his formative years.

He came in the game reppin the Ansars like a few early 90s rappers, and the government started fukkin with Dr. York around the same time KMD got dropped from their label, and then Sub Roc passed.

(I don't know if the allegations are true or not, but to this day, Dr. York is one of the sharpest brothers I've ever heard speak.)

So you got this young man that already isn't a citizen in the land he calls home, the community that embraced him and that he got most of his beliefs from was now under attack from the US Government (the leader was being called a pedophile), he loses his career, and his brother/best friend passes away tragically, all at the same time.

That's enough to break any man and he turned all of that pain into entertainment for us.

Last edited:

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Get some Fresh Air like a Stray on a Straightaway:huhldup::lupe::whoo::ohhh::

this guy DOOM has some of the illest one-liners ever.... especially if you know supreme math and alphabets

Please tell me y’all figured out who Mr. Fantastik is :lupe:

Fantastik was nice, but only did like 4 songs then vanished :francis:

I was just listening to Juan Ep is Dead and Kurious George made me feel like a complete idiot.

He said nikkas always called him Doom even when he was Zev Love X, cause his last name is Dumile (doom-a-lay).

:snoop:
:dead: i laughed at them not realizing the correlation, he says it on a bunch of songs on Doomsday

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
Fantastik was nice, but only did like 4 songs then vanished :francis:

I've always wanted to know who he was.

In my mind, he was a Jay-Z type nikka.

A nikka that was dead nice but was getting too much OT money to rap for real.

He just happened to be Doom's man.

I only know him for rapping on Anti-Matter and Rap Snitches.

MurderToCassette

Sa Da Tay
Daps
Reppin
I am comfortable and I love you
Dropping an exclusive from my collection this for my Coli fam :wow:

Here's a posse cut with Diamond, Sadat X, DOOM, Nore, and mad other rappers. DOOM spits a raw version of a verse from Dead Bent, and Nore spits a verse I haven't heard before. The official version that was released doesn't include DOOM or Nore's verses.

Diamond talks a bit about the original here.

I put together all the verses from both versions on the 12", I copped it from a seller overseas.

Discogs link
Diamond D - Feel It

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Dropping an exclusive from my collection this for my Coli fam :wow:

Here's a posse cut with Diamond, Sadat X, DOOM, Nore, and mad other rappers. DOOM spits a raw version of a verse from Dead Bent, and Nore spits a verse I haven't heard before. The official version that was released doesn't include DOOM or Nore's verses.

Diamond talks a bit about the original here.

I put together all the verses from both versions on the 12", I copped it from a seller overseas.

Discogs link
Diamond D - Feel It

he sounds way younger than when he spit it on doomsday album.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Yo...

I know this vid has been posted before, but watching this young boy achieve Nirvana while listening to Curls for the 1st time validates me spending the vast majority of my life trying to find records that give me this exact same feeling.

:wow:

"IT'S...IT'S UNHOLY!!! :damn::ooh::ohlawd:"

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
pwxy34z2c5f21.png

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
Yo...

I know this vid has been posted before, but watching this young boy achieve Nirvana while listening to Curls for the 1st time validates me spending the vast majority of my life trying to find records that give me this exact same feeling.

:wow:

This shyt Reminded Me of the 1st Time I Heard Figaro.. that shyt came on and I Lost it :ohlawd: "WTF Is This?":ooh:

Replayed it like 4 Times off 1st Hearing this Album:wow:

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
This shyt Reminded Me of the 1st Time I Heard Figaro.. that shyt came on and I Lost it :ohlawd: "WTF Is This?":ooh:

Replayed it like 4 Times off 1st Hearing this Album:wow:

ALL CAPS for the 1st Time as well:whew::ohlawd::wow:

It was Rhinestone Cowboy for me.

It was crazy because I had already been blown away several times by other songs on the album and I didn’t think it could possibly get any better.

Then the beat dropped and my man said:

“Hold a cold one like he hold a old gun
Like he hold the microphone
and stole the show for fun
Or a foe for ransom
Flows is handsome”

It was a long time ago but I’m 99% sure I let out a little squeal like a bytch”

By the time the song finished I just sat there like what the fukk did I just listen to.

:whew: