RIP MF DOOM

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
time to quote some favorite lines. :salute:

"Either I get a strike, or strike out. Gutter ball." (across 3 message boards, I'd change my avatar sig to this from time to time.)

"He wrote this with a fever. Sick in bed.
With his dikk head inside a chicken head.
:francis: NO. A dead chicken's head, He said it helps the nausea.
:heh:If he lost ya, wait til he tells ya bout the flying saucer." (DOOM fully mastered the "rapping in 3rd person style)

"I'm only rhyming where the drums is at
Y'all nikkaz think y'all slick wit that bullshyt. Bump that
Y'all pay V for flowing to the beat
Not for what he know that got ho's hoeing in the streets

That's for him to know and for they to never find out
About the kidnap, blind fold, and the blind mouse
The coroner report say he simply signed out
And I know. Y'all wanna see a wino bring the wine out!
Cat wit a dead mouse is how he catch the phrase
And pause.... plays wit it, kill it
And eat off it for days kiddid!
Who ever ain't get it ain't supposed to......
For standing still, close to...?
Bandits will ghost you
No shoot Sherlock
I don't know how they do on your block,
Out here we rock on to the sure shot!
shyt still ain't stop,
Still keep it on till your peeps is gone
We be on the creep... no matter what you keep it on
CD, Viny- uhhh...

hmmm..... :patrice:

(THE DRUMS IN THE BEAT STOPPED SO HE STOPPED RAPPING :mindblown: Its one of the craziest rhyme schemes EVER.

THEN he started rapping when the drums kicked back in after like 8 instrumental bars.)

V!

catch the beat to ridiculously
People think he study levitations true mystery :win:"

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
"I turn Jake to Bac-o's.

Money over stank hoes. :demonic:"

I may put this in that "Simple lines" thread.

But DOOM got a shyt TON of these.

"Rhyme of the month..
Two page(s) long.
Busting off two gauges with my cape on wrong."

Edit: NVM, it was NEVER simple with DOOM

Breh mastered this rap shyt. Complicated enough to make the so-called scholar go :gladbron:
Effortless enough to make the casual listener go :gladbron:

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
One thing I respect about Doom that he always stayed in Character, This How Batty Boy (Doom Song about Batman and Robin being lovers) came about

Doom said he son always had a Batman masked on and his son was like Batman is his favorite character, Batman is the best, Batman Mask is better than his, Batman can beat him up,

And Doom was like oh is that right, my own son going to do me like that, and Doom said I got something for Batman ass and he went and wrote Batty Boy

DOOM! The MF Villain

Daps
Nah it wasn't like Pun, but DOOM was def obese, and even though he might not have had any problems or any active medical issues, living like that can cause lots of underlying problems that you don't know about until later or can cause death. He could have had sleep apnoea, blood pressure problems, breathing problems, the list can go on and on.
With all do respect and respect to the dead I’d say he was fat, not obese there’s a difference, biggie was obese pun was morbidly obese.

Anyway we gotta take care of ourselves i’m guilty of not taking care of myself too I guess sometimes you’re so focused on your craft you neglect exercise and shopping for good food

Daps
DOOM FANS ARE THE WORST

I stayed away from this thread waiting on the title to change to “elaborate death hoax”...sadly, it’s clear that’s not the case, another large part of why I didn’t want to come in here and pay my respects is because I knew it would be filled with some of the worst people out there..DOOM fans.

Don’t get it fukked up, I fukked with DOOM heavy, from the KMD beginnings to the CMOB rumblings that never fully actualized to his return as MF DOOM and so forth, but one thing I’ve always noticed is that as the years went on DOOMs core fan base mutated from underground hip hop heads to something else, something outside of the culture. It became more about the aesthetics of it all and for lack of a better term, the novelty of it all. To be honest a large portion of DOOMs “fans”...I’m not sure if they even really like rap music. They like the lore, the characters, the visuals associated with the “DOOM UNIVERSE” and don’t get it twisted, that’s all part of what makes his genius so great, but at the end of the day if you’re not here for the dope beats and the ill rhyme schemes then what the fukk are you here for??? Go read a comic book you fukking nerds.

DOOM FANS ARE THE WORST

There was a question posed earlier in the thread during a fit of entitlement relating to the death of you’re favourite rappers favourite rapper, and the answer is yes, yes that’s exactly what you should do “Just shut the fukk up and buy the merch”. The face mask trinkets, the bobble heads..action figures, whatever. It speaks volumes about a specific segment of his fan base that when I went to his site yesterday everything was sold out, all the clothing, the art, the toys etc. Only one section had anything left for sale in it, can you guess what items were left?? The music, CDs and Vinyl. Imagine passing up on a limited
press album with bonus tracks not available elsewhere for a King Geedorah Funko Pop. :stopitslime:
DOOM FANS ARE THE WORST

If there’s one thing I’m truly thankful for in all of this it’s that it took 2 months for his death to be made public. At least his wife and children were granted a short reprieve from the callous displays of entitlement, invasiveness and crossed boundaries. I’m sure Complex, DX Hip Hop, VLODtv and a host of other parasites had interns on New Years Eve trying to track down his wife to get info on her dead husband. fukking disgraceful. Disgusted but not surprised by the behaviour of some of you in this thread, you’re not entitled to anything, not an explanation on why they waited, or the cause of death or any of it. And the comments saying how you “deserve better” shows how out of touch with reality and entitled you are.

Condolences and prayers up for his family and loved ones, and all the real DOOM heads who recognize that before anything else he was a son, a husband, a father and a man first.

Rest In Peace DANIEL DUMILE aka MF DOOM

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
DOOM FANS ARE THE WORST

I stayed away from this thread waiting on the title to change to “elaborate death hoax”...sadly, it’s clear that’s not the case, another large part of why I didn’t want to come in here and pay my respects is because I knew it would be filled with some of the worst people out there..DOOM fans.

Don’t get it fukked up, I fukked with DOOM heavy, from the KMD beginnings to the CMOB rumblings that never fully actualized to his return as MF DOOM and so forth, but one thing I’ve always noticed is that as the years went on DOOMs core fan base mutated from underground hip hop heads to something else, something outside of the culture. It became more about the aesthetics of it all and for lack of a better term, the novelty of it all. To be honest a large portion of DOOMs “fans”...I’m not sure if they even really like rap music. They like the lore, the characters, the visuals associated with the “DOOM UNIVERSE” and don’t get it twisted, that’s all part of what makes his genius so great, but at the end of the day if you’re not here for the dope beats and the ill rhyme schemes then what the fukk are you here for??? Go read a comic book you fukking nerds.

DOOM FANS ARE THE WORST

There was a question posed earlier in the thread during a fit of entitlement relating to the death of you’re favourite rappers favourite rapper, and the answer is yes, yes that’s exactly what you should do “Just shut the fukk up and buy the merch”. The face mask trinkets, the bobble heads..action figures, whatever. It speaks volumes about a specific segment of his fan base that when I went to his site yesterday everything was sold out, all the clothing, the art, the toys etc. Only one section had anything left for sale in it, can you guess what items were left?? The music, CDs and Vinyl. Imagine passing up on a limited
press album with bonus tracks not available elsewhere for a King Geedorah Funko Pop. :stopitslime:
DOOM FANS ARE THE WORST

If there’s one thing I’m truly thankful for in all of this it’s that it took 2 months for his death to be made public. At least his wife and children were granted a short reprieve from the callous displays of entitlement, invasiveness and crossed boundaries. I’m sure Complex, DX Hip Hop, VLODtv and a host of other parasites had interns on New Years Eve trying to track down his wife to get info on her dead husband. fukking disgraceful. Disgusted but not surprised by the behaviour of some of you in this thread, you’re not entitled to anything, not an explanation on why they waited, or the cause of death or any of it. And the comments saying how you “deserve better” shows how out of touch with reality and entitled you are.

Condolences and prayers up for his family and loved ones, and all the real DOOM heads who recognize that before anything else he was a son, a husband, a father and a man first.

Rest In Peace DANIEL DUMILE aka MF DOOM

nikka fukkin please! You in here acting like you a true Doom Head

nikka you ain't a true Doom Head because what you try to stereotype your fukkin stupid ass basically just described DOOM as a person

Many and majority of Doom fans are Black Street Hip Hop cats that grew up on the block, did dirt, seen and did shyt your ass never was apart of,but at the same time not only loved hip hop and the culture and participate in the hip hop culture but also nerd the fukk out on Comics, nerd out on cartoons, beat junkie and sample junkie, loved abstract poetry, love reading sci fi books, and knows and love our black culture and history and use different avenues to continue the fight. And that's what Doom did he knew their was Brotha's just like him, because he ran with them Grimm and Monster Czar and he went all in and the rest of the world caught on, about this segment of Black Men, Women and Children that always been here

And that other shyt you talking about how people love the visual aspect, because DOOM is an artist you dumb fukk, he's a Graffiti artist and visually artistic, he the one that sold the visual to the fans because that's apart of his art. You really don't fukkin no shyt

it was just that hipsters caught on and was like wow, I didn't know hip hop guys aka Black Guys were into that, and jumped on the band wagon

You see we don't have a fukkin problem of the hipsters latching on, and Doom didn't either and he capitalized off it and sold merchandise to them to feed his family.

And you crying about his shyt being sold out, nikka why you waited for his death to go cop his shyt, you doing what everybody else doing, they want apart of his legacy, some do it to sell at a higher price that's the game

You In here talking about people acting entitled while your bytch ass crying like an entitled spoiled ass kid

Get The fukk Outta Here.

Oh yeah that Piece on the Hypocrisy of Doom fans was about you

Last edited:

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
MF DOOM and his story have not been even touched and it's a dark story how hip hop turned Zev Love X into a Mad Genius Called MF DOOM

Yes MF DOOM persona is a big fukk You to Hip Hop, How Hip Hop abandoned him when his brother died and shelved his album, when the industry and friends who was rapper's did nothing and he was homeless in NY, how Mental Health Is a stigma In hip hop, how in hip hop the industry pushes only street shyt, hardcore, Gangsta shyt, How the Underground Is fake as fukk also and it's all about appearance, the back pack scene or the so called beats and rhyme.

And he birthed The Villain named DOOM who was everything the industry and underground scene was not, he didn't fit in with their stereotype, he attacked both in his songs, hip hop is an art form and he's an artist that brought his vision to the world and broke all the fukkin rules and Nerd the fukk out

It's like this DOOM is not much Different From Kanye, they are the same, they are both genius, the only difference MF DOOM learned to live with his Mental Health issue and didn't let the industry break him and DOOM didn't give a fukk if you loved or hated him

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
time to quote some favorite lines. :salute:

"Either I get a strike, or strike out. Gutter ball." (across 3 message boards, I'd change my avatar sig to this from time to time.)

"He wrote this with a fever. Sick in bed.
With his dikk head inside a chicken head.
:francis: NO. A dead chicken's head, He said it helps the nausea.
:heh:If he lost ya, wait til he tells ya bout the flying saucer." (DOOM fully mastered the "rapping in 3rd person style)

"I'm only rhyming where the drums is at
Y'all nikkaz think y'all slick wit that bullshyt. Bump that
Y'all pay V for flowing to the beat
Not for what he know that got ho's hoeing in the streets

That's for him to know and for they to never find out
About the kidnap, blind fold, and the blind mouse
The coroner report say he simply signed out
And I know. Y'all wanna see a wino bring the wine out!
Cat wit a dead mouse is how he catch the phrase
And pause.... plays wit it, kill it
And eat off it for days kiddid!
Who ever ain't get it ain't supposed to......
For standing still, close to...?
Bandits will ghost you
No shoot Sherlock
I don't know how they do on your block,
Out here we rock on to the sure shot!
shyt still ain't stop,
Still keep it on till your peeps is gone
We be on the creep... no matter what you keep it on
CD, Viny- uhhh...

hmmm..... :patrice:

(THE DRUMS IN THE BEAT STOPPED SO HE STOPPED RAPPING :mindblown: Its one of the craziest rhyme schemes EVER.

THEN he started rapping when the drums kicked back in after like 8 instrumental bars.)

V!

catch the beat to ridiculously
People think he study levitations true mystery :win:"

Bruh as much as I've listen to DOOM and this track in particular I never even caught this. I thought DOOM was just DOOM stuff.

Amazing.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
MF DOOM and his story have not been even touched and it's a dark story how hip hop turned Zev Love X into a Mad Genius Called MF DOOM

Yes MF DOOM persona is a big fukk You to Hip Hop, How Hip Hop abandoned him when his brother died and shelved his album, when the industry and friends who was rapper's did nothing and he was homeless in NY, how Mental Health Is a stigma In hip hop, how in hip hop the industry pushes only street shyt, hardcore, Gangsta shyt, How the Underground Is fake as fukk also and it's all about appearance, the back pack scene or the so called beats and rhyme.

And he birthed The Villain named DOOM who was everything the industry and underground scene was not, he didn't fit in with their stereotype, he attacked both in his songs, hip hop is an art form and he's an artist that brought his vision to the world and broke all the fukkin rules and Nerd the fukk out

It's like this DOOM is not much Different From Kanye, they are the same, they are both genius, the only difference MF DOOM learned to live with his Mental Health issue and didn't let the industry break him and DOOM didn't give a fukk if you loved or hated him
Exactly, the ironic part of it all is much like Dr Doom he was scarred by an accident and to hide or deal with it he donned the Mask and because a villain to the industry but at the same time a hero to hiphop... becoming much like Dr Doom himself an villain/Anti hero. The crazy thing about Dr Doom is how closely he is tied with death and how doom is a perfectionist with his craft, so for as mentally unstable as he is he also has a unique take on how he could make things better if left up to him. Maybe this was all taken into account before he started rocking the DOOM moniker but its nuts if you know about Dr Doom the villain and DOOM the rapper on more than just the surface level.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Exactly, the ironic part of it all is much like Dr Doom he was scarred by an accident and to hide or deal with it he donned the Mask and because a villain to the industry but at the same time a hero to hiphop... becoming much like Dr Doom himself an villain/Anti hero. The crazy thing about Dr Doom is how closely he is tied with death and how doom is a perfectionist with his craft, so for as mentally unstable as he is he also has a unique take on how he could make things better if left up to him. Maybe this was all taken into account before he started rocking the DOOM moniker but its nuts if you know about Dr Doom the villain and DOOM the rapper on more than just the surface level.

And you ain't never lied that's why he Chose Victor Von Doom, I'm a Comic Head also so I know where you coming from with the Doom Comparison

Like you said how Victor Von Doom wore his mask to hide his scar that's what MF Doom did, His Mask hid his face because all the shyt he been through his face remind him off his dark past and that's how he deal with it, Doom is not Zev Luv X they don't rhyme alike, Their style is different even the Voice is different

MF Grimm said I don't even know who he is anymore, The Mask turned him to another person, he's not Zev Luv X when they had fall out

Last edited: