RIP Google Play Music: How to Transfer Your Music From Google Play to YouTube

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
I can't play local files on Spotify without jumping through several hoops? :gucci: :snoop:

YT Music adds them though but I hate its interface.

The recent tab in GPM was all I needed.

:mjcry:

I still haven't found an alternative.

I literally stopped listening to music and only do podcasts now:mjcry:

I still download albums occasionally but have no player to upload them to.

I'm just still in the habit

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I actually listen to music a lot less after they pulled the plug on GPM.

My main issue with the UI and experience, is that it's trying to push me towards picking playlists or using the artist radio option, when I'm much more of a selective/DJ type of listener. I used to just go to Recent in GPM and then I'd be able to easily hop around from project to project or song etc, now it's just not as easy to do it, especially while you're in a car.

I just have to hit a song and then let it ride way more than I used to.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
i wonder if they hard enforce that 100K upload limit. I'm sure I'm passed it now.

Wish there was a way to check how much I've uploaded.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
We’ll soon delete all of your Google Play Music library and data

Zre1fAeZon4GoBOJld1BwQBOoDp_nPvbMfWpo_oz1aUl9pMZintgHpbeOa_lM19isQUdBIWybtskSbQzO011QdafXFOEgtL5DEZ2dw=s0-d-e1-ft

On February 24, 2021, we will delete all of your Google Play Music data. This includes your music library with any uploads, purchases and anything you've added from Google Play Music. After this date, there will be no way to recover it.

Zre1fAeZon4GoBOJld1BwQBOoDp_nPvbMfWpo_oz1aUl9pMZintgHpbeOa_lM19isQUdBIWybtskSbQzO011QdafXFOEgtL5DEZ2dw=s0-d-e1-ft

You’ve already transferred to YouTube Music. But, if you’ve made any changes, you still have the option to transfer again so your music library is up to date. If you would like to download your Google Play Music library and data, you can do so with Google Takeout before February 24, 2021.

If you have questions, we’re here for you. Check out our support resources.

The Google Play Music and YouTube Music teams

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Nothing worse than thinking you're clicking an album, just to have it start playing the artist's radio station instead :francis:
:ld:

I legit do not listen to music anymore cause if this. occasionally I'll bump something on TIDAL but I totally fell off. YTM is just too trash

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nothing worse than thinking you're clicking an album, just to have it start playing the artist's radio station instead :francis:

I'll one up you with trying to add a single song to your queue, only for it to add tracks from the artist's radio station to your queue. :francis:

Nothing worse than when you're building up a playlist and you accidentally click on a song "the wrong way" and your entire list gets deleted. :mad:

This one's been an annoyance since the GPM days. Been times I've put together some HEAT (for me to some lame shyt like cook or clean up after cooking :mjlol:) all for it to get wiped out because it thought I was really trying to play a track immediately.