RIP Google Play Music: How to Transfer Your Music From Google Play to YouTube

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
not if you're organizing your library in all kinds of playlists. with hundreds of gbs worth of music. Moving em on and off of devices...I mean I don't know how iTunes is nowadays, but for me...when I was using it...maybe the way I was using it...it was pretty time consuming especially with Apple products with limited storage (at that time). SD card setup has been alot easier for what I'm doin. But if iTunes workin for you...to each his own. I always thought it was outdated...even close to being discontinued.

:yeshrug:
I use iTunes to manage all my personal music. You make a large playlist for the device in question and sync it to the device. All the devices sync back to the PC updating the metadata. Global smart playlist on the PC manage your playlist by the criteria you set. It's pretty hands off. There's even a program called iSyncr on Android that syncs metadata as well as music to and from iTunes on that platform.

If I play a song on my Apple Watch one time and sync it then on my Android phone the play count will increase by 1 and whatever smart playlist uses that song will adjust accordingly once that phone is synced as well. Same with my iPod Nano or iPad or iPhone or even on the PC itself. All my playlist i listen to are smart playlist in iTunes automatically sorted by my listening habits.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
@OfTheCross you try out that ibroadcast yet?

started yesterday, it's pretty basic interface wise, and as far as I can tell there's no upload size limits...my shyt still uploading though.

played a few files, doesn't seem too bad. Might move over to there for my personal shyt

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:francis: Brehs how many of y'all feel that YouTube Music is so garbage on how it handles your uploaded music library compared to Google Play Music, that you're considering giving in & paying the $25 annual fee for iTunes Match or sign up for Apple Music (iTunes Match is free with Apple Music)? Is so, Best Buy is offering 6-month free Apple Music trials:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
If it wasn't for Youtube Red being thrown in, I would have ended my subscription by now. :francis:

They need to improve this app in a hurry.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
@OfTheCross you try out that ibroadcast yet?

started yesterday, it's pretty basic interface wise, and as far as I can tell there's no upload size limits...my shyt still uploading though.

played a few files, doesn't seem too bad. Might move over to there for my personal shyt
I haven't tried it yet, tbh. How do you like it?

I'm going to turn my desktop on tomorrow and start uploading all my shyt. I've been working off my laptop for the past few weeks.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
When you search, you gotta swipe to the "uploads" tabs. My shyt is poorly organized, and I barely had any uploads. I feel for people who had gigs of music.:francis:

How? This is what I'm looking at

thread-109616541-4373524209381364985.jpg

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Strange, this is what I get on my mobile.

Screenshot-20210513-123420.png

That's by searching under the home tab.

When I go to my library tab, whether under artists or songs, there's two tabs, one that says YT Music and Uploads.:patrice:
Idk I'm getting nothing. What kind of phone is that?