RIP Google Play Music: How to Transfer Your Music From Google Play to YouTube

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Since it's "YouTube" I would be open to them tailoring the new releases tab according to my music subs instead of showing me everything that I could give a fukk about

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Wait aint no local files only option?...:mjtf:
Trying to figure out how to play youtube videos 1 location and stream YT Music in another since they're apparently one and the same now and get the multiple location error.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
I've gotten used to it.

What I like about it:

Integrating youtube videos with the YTM library makes for a more complete experience. Basically, most oddities, rarities, and other tracks will more often than not pop up when you search for them. Instead of strictly only being able to find licensed music, you can stream from user uploaded videos. I'm curious about the legality behind that, but it is a unique advantage.

I feel that YTM generally gets new releases more quickly than Google Play Music did. In the past, I noticed that new releases would often get promoted as being available on other services like Spotify, Apple Music, or even Tidal, but Google Play was often absent or overlooked. YTM seems to have changed this.

Cons:

Losing the dedicated Recent Activity/Recently Listened page hurts the users that @GoldenGlove described. While the radio feature is nice to have, YTM does lean on it more than GPM ever did, and it would be nice to be able to navigate and select your own tracks more effortlessly.

Interface Is lacking. It's simple enough to use, but it's a lot of clutter that I personally would never bother to go through. In my experience, it has completely failed to engage me as a user, and I hardly ever do anything other than listen to my playlists or recently listened to tracks. It's a music streaming app, so I'm happy that YTM hasn't actually impeded my music listening habits, but it can be worked on.

I'll learn to live with it. No ads on youtube is a must for me, so it's a deal I'm happy with.

Last edited:

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I feel like I’m the only one googling the shyt out of zip files, adding to iTunes and syncing it to my phone.

:flabbynsick:

I like to keep my raw files.

:yeshrug:

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
I feel like I’m the only one googling the shyt out of zip files, adding to iTunes and syncing it to my phone.

:flabbynsick:

I like to keep my raw files.

I still download all my music for a hard copy but I find it easier and more time efficient to download songs off Youtube that aren't on Streaming sites or songs/albums off Spotify using Sidify (i think thats what its called). Sites wit Zip and Rar files are always changing and goin down though there's plenty of em. Itunes and Ipods is out for me. Have been for a while. Too fukkin time consuming

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I still download all my music for a hard copy but I find it easier and more time efficient to download songs off Youtube that aren't on Streaming sites or songs/albums off Spotify using Sidify (i think thats what its called). Sites wit Zip and Rar files are always changing and goin down though there's plenty of em. Itunes and Ipods is out for me. Have been for a while. Too fukkin time consuming

:gucci:

time consuming?

Literally takes seconds for a few albums to sync with your device.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
tried to consolidate some downloaded music I had on YT to YTM...makes no sense that I can't even find the same same YT vids on YTM, when it's music.

This is my problem, and why I kinda stopped listening to music since losing GPM.

I wanted to hear the Guasa Guasa Remix in the car but it's not on TIDAL.(which is why I like owning my own shyt)

I searched for it on YTM but couldn't let my screen timeout or it would stop playing.

I searched for Tego Calderón but got a list of tracks and it was annoying to go through all of them for 1 song.

So, I searched specifically for Güasa Güasa, with the ü just like that and finally got the track I wanted.

That's too much fukking work and the reason I gave up on music.

On GPM it was absolutely no problem to search for and find tracks in my library. Even with slight misspellings

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The user experience on this app is terrible. When the Judas and Black Messiah Soundtrack came out, I should have screen recorded how retarded navigation is on here. I type in the album name and it's pulling up user generated playlists and the musical score before the official soundtrack
:dahell:

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
:gucci:

time consuming?

Literally takes seconds for a few albums to sync with your device.

not if you're organizing your library in all kinds of playlists. with hundreds of gbs worth of music. Moving em on and off of devices...I mean I don't know how iTunes is nowadays, but for me...when I was using it...maybe the way I was using it...it was pretty time consuming especially with Apple products with limited storage (at that time). SD card setup has been alot easier for what I'm doin. But if iTunes workin for you...to each his own. I always thought it was outdated...even close to being discontinued.