RIP Google Play Music: How to Transfer Your Music From Google Play to YouTube

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Man, my primary complaint is relatively minor, and it's one that isn't even on the YTM team to fix.

I really miss being able to cast to my Sonos speakers directly from YTM. It's not an option because the two are suing each other, but it's still an option in GPM, since they haven't made any serious updates to it in years.

What makes it most annoying is that sometimes I'll just throw songs in my queue, and then play them as a quick on the fly playlist, and cast it to whatever Sonos makes sense for where I'm doing whatever it is I'm doing. Now, unless I want to play one of my preexisting playlists, I've got to make a new playlist (because you can't save your queue as a playlist, either), add all the songs, then go to Sonos to play it.

It's really just a matter of me wanting to put as little effort into playing my music as possible. But that's the appeal that the hardware and services were built on. :yeshrug:
I tried this on my iPhone X and you can use air play through the navigation center to do it. On my Note10+ can’t do it. Seems silly cause on Spotify I can through the app send music to any speaker in the home.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I tried this on my iPhone X and you can use air play through the navigation center to do it. On my Note10+ can’t do it. Seems silly cause on Spotify I can through the app send music to any speaker in the home.

Well, yeah. Spotify doesn't currently have any serious issues with any manufacturers like Sonos. Google's just cutting them off for the time being, since they have pending lawsuits. Once that gets cleared up, things will probably go back to normal.

And really, all it amounts to is loading a different application to do the same shyt anyway, so it's really just complaining about not getting to have things exactly the way I want them. It's not all that serious.

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
If 8 transfer my music over to YouTube will be able to retrieve my uploaded music if I cancel this shyt ?

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
I'm holding on until the wheels fall off...

Google only needed to make some minor UI adjustments to the Play app and it would've been perfect for me

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
They really need to transfer whatever artist/song "radio" algorithm they have in GPM to YM because currently the YM one sucks :francis:
Y'all nikkaz got me so scared from the comments....having YouTube with no ads and back ground play got me spoiled ....YM really that bad ? shyt looks real ugly

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
Y'all nikkaz got me so scared from the comments....having YouTube with no ads and back ground play got me spoiled ....YM really that bad ? shyt looks real ugly

I'm not as hard on it as other people in here...it's not horrible and there are some things I do like about it.

The radio aspect though was my favorite part of GPM - I could start a radio from a song from a particular artist and GPM would play tons of related artists without going back to the original artist for 15+ songs. It was a great way to discover music

example - the left is GPM and the right is YM. They both started with clicking "start radio" on the song I'm listening to. It's not in the screenshot but GPM didn't play another James Brown song for 18 songs. You can see how many are in the YM generated playlist.

This really annoys me - I transferred over my likes and YM also has all of my listening history and data - I don't understand how or why their random generation algorithm is so bad compared to GPM

pIwdpUZ.png
YMlGuEf.png

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:snoop: fuk it took the dive, transferring over now, after this is done going to download my library, i wish spotify had a option to purchase music

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
can you pause or stop the transfer? what happens if just close out the browser?