RIP Big Baller Brand:

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
He's a thief/con man who can't be trusted yet you trusted your business to him :mjtf:

"Lavar putting together a team." That's what put them here in the first place:unimpressed:

This is the reason some of us were saying it was smarter to take the Nike or Adidas money, learn the game, then build a brand. Instead Lonzo lost out on a guaranteed bag, was a bust, got robbed, got traded, and BBB is a disaster.

The 30 for 30 for Big Baller Bust is gonna be epic :whew:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Had Zo took off, BBB woulda took off. If he had took the money then took off then Nike would have been reaping the benefits. So what really happened was that they took a risk betting on themselves and there’s nothing wrong with that

Let's see:
Over charged for low quality items
Didn't meet deadlines
Wasn't shipping orders
Got an F grade from the real BBB over their business practices
Created a basketball sneaker that wasn't fit to play basketball in
Etc...

You call that betting on yourself? :stopitslime:

If you're going to bet on yourself you better put yourself in the best position to win. Starting a business when you clearly don't know how to run one isn't commendable especially when Lonzo was the one taking on all risk not Lavar.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
I'm all for black entrepreneurship and I want BBB to stay in business but breh is proving all the naysayers right with this shyt. First the orders was late, then they had to switch the Zo's design, then the shyts was inferior to where even Zo had to switch shoes to play a half in them and now this.

I defended the move for the longest but damn bruh...they said this was going to happen and he proved them right.

companies take time to get started. Look at the history of Nike when they were Blue Ribbon Sports, they had lawsuits and drama over the Cortez shoe. Company tried to shut the down and they literally shared their first shoe with another brand. Takes more than 2 years to get a company started, especially when this hasn't really been done by an athlete and his dad before. Plus, LaMelo is the real star of the family and could be the one to put the brand on for real. He's way more marketable than Zo.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
companies take time to get started. Look at the history of Nike when they were Blue Ribbon Sports, they had lawsuits and drama over the Cortez shoe. Company tried to shut the down and they literally shared their first shoe with another brand. Takes more than 2 years to get a company started, especially when this hasn't really been done by an athlete and his dad before. Plus, LaMelo is the real star of the family and could be the one to put the brand on for real. He's way more marketable than Zo.
Yeah but Nike was trailblazing. They had no high expectations. Lavar came out the gate saying shyt would go smooth as butter (no pun intended).

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Bushed
Daps
Let's see:
Over charged for low quality items
Didn't meet deadlines
Wasn't shipping orders
Got an F grade from the real BBB over their business practices
Created a basketball sneaker that wasn't fit to play basketball in
Etc...

You call that betting on yourself? :stopitslime:

If you're going to bet on yourself you better put yourself in the best position to win. Starting a business when you clearly don't know how to run one isn't commendable especially when Lonzo was the one taking on all risk not Lavar.

Yea bruh :ehh:

The easy way out is to take the chump change from Nike like everyone else does. Betting on yourself means looking at the bigger picture and taking a risk in regards to that. That’s what he did...

It was smart for him to overcharge so he didn’t get starburyd and the BBB giving him an F is irrelevant. Besides that everything else are rookie mistakes and every company has those when starting off. No company becomes a success batting 1000 unless there’s some overnight success/luck involved. Y’all so “pro black” that y’all rather nitpick a nikkas moves than support (verbally or financially)

Then y’all go in another thread and complain when a teams media relations department has no black people in it.
:mjlol::scust:

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Bushed
Daps
Yeah but Nike was trailblazing. They had no high expectations. Lavar came out the gate saying shyt would go smooth as butter (no pun intended).

What else is he supposed to come out the gate on a public platform saying?

Lavar was trailblazing for his sons too. No player came into the league with their own brand. Most of y’all just followed cacs in speaking down on what he was doing instead of bigging it up...

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
How they still rolling with "cash only" this many years into the game? Fools clowned them about that when they launched, they more than two years in and you STILL can't use your card to pay?

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
What else is he supposed to come out the gate on a public platform saying?

Lavar was trailblazing for his sons too. No player came into the league with their own brand. Most of y’all just followed cacs in speaking down on what he was doing instead of bigging it up...
Check my post history. I supported Lavar from the jump. Always rocked with BBB. The truth is the truth tho. He proved the naysayers right. I loved the idea of starting your own shyt and betting on yourself but I have to call it how I see it.

I can't ignore the fact that the product was trash, I can't ignore the fact that Lonzo seems to not even be behind his own product. I can't ignore the fact that a felon was running the company and ended up stealing from it.

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
kenan.png

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea bruh :ehh:

The easy way out is to take the chump change from Nike like everyone else does. Betting on yourself means looking at the bigger picture and taking a risk in regards to that. That’s what he did...

It was smart for him to overcharge so he didn’t get starburyd and the BBB giving him an F is irrelevant. Besides that everything else are rookie mistakes and every company has those when starting off. No company becomes a success batting 1000 unless there’s some overnight success/luck involved. Y’all so “pro black” that y’all rather nitpick a nikkas moves than support (verbally or financially)

This is where yall like to be intellectually dishonest. It's not nitpicking to question whether a man whose profession was personal trainer was prepared to run an apparel brand and create a basketball shoe. If they were just selling t-shirts or clothing that's fine but kicks? I really don't think people understood what it takes to make a performance sneaker. There's a lot of R&D involved which they clearly didn't do to have his sneaker created from the draft to the start of the season. The end result was Zo abandoning the product because he couldn't play in it. Who was on the right side of history? You guys are arguing when the evidence is right there in front of you that you were wrong.

If it's about "support" we can assume yall got a closet full of BBB gear right? If the Zo2 price was smart yall copped a pair right?

Then y’all go in another thread and complain when a teams media relations department has no black people in it.:mjlol::scust:

Lavar's family has no black people in it:mjlol: