Rick Ross chased outta detroit Update: Ross gives his side of the story, Trick Trick responds

Status
Not open for further replies.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Real talk though, would you rather listen to (good)music you know is made by a fake (actor)rapper or music from a rapper thats about that life?? :patrice: where do you draw the line?

I don't understand why we have to choose. Nobody is forcing anybody to rap about gangster shyt. Hell, my two favorite rappers all time are Andre 3000 and Pos from De La Soul. Ross (or whoever) would be just as talented if he was rapping about anything else.

Fred.

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ross (or whoever) would be just as talented if he was rapping about anything else.

I disagree completely. Most of Ross appeal is his image (albeit ia fake one), at the very least its the entire package that makes him popular and a solid recording artist

If Rick Ross was rapping about feel good news stories and making a difference in the world he would suck

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
I don't understand why we have to choose. Nobody is forcing anybody to rap about gangster shyt. Hell, my two favorite rappers all time are Andre 3000 and Pos from De La Soul. Ross (or whoever) would be just as talented if he was rapping about anything else.

Fred.
So people who grew up with Ross are saying he was never a dope boy or never hustled?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So people who grew up with Ross are saying he was never a dope boy or never hustled?

The Boobie Boys called him a sucker and said he was on some "rapper shyt" heavily embellishing his association with them, yes. They also said his constant drug lord talk might've jeopardized a few of their chances at an appeal.

Mind you these are people that said he was "their homie" back in the day, a few of them knew him since he was young.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I disagree completely. Most of Ross appeal is his image (albeit ia fake one), at the very least its the entire package that makes him popular and a solid recording artist

If Rick Ross was rapping about feel good news stories and making a difference in the world he would suck

Well he's not very talented then, is he?

And :wtf: at "If Rick Ross was rapping about feel good news stories and making a difference in the world"....as if you can only rap like PM Dawn, or a drug lord. As if there's no middle ground. Rap has been around 30+ years, you can rap about literally anything. That's like saying "I'm gonna make a movie, it can only be a drama or a comedy though". You can create whatever the fukk you want.

Rick Ross would sound just as good rapping about anything else. Trust me. If Biz Markie can make a song about picking boogers, Ross would be fine.

Fred.

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Boobie Boys called him a sucker and said he was on some "rapper shyt" heavily embellishing his association with them, yes. They also said his constant drug lord talk might've jeopardized a few of their chances at an appeal.

Mind you these are people that said he was "their homie" back in the day, a few of them knew him since he was young.

Fred.
They most certainly did not. Nice spin job though. But even if they did, how many nikkas have called 50 Cent a fraud. How many have called Cam a fraud. T.I.?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
They most certainly did not. Nice spin job though. But even if they did, how many nikkas have called 50 Cent a fraud. How many have called Cam a fraud. T.I.?

:mjlol:at "they most certainly did not" and then, in the same sentence "even if they did". You have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

I don't understand you cats. You ask for proof that someone is fake, people that know them well say they are, and then you brush it off anyway. So in other words you aren't gonna entertain the truth no matter what, so why waste time asking the question to begin with?

Fred.

JayYoung314

St. Louis Survivor
Daps
Reppin
Saint Louis
i aint gon lie f i wuz a rapper id give deze nikkas err thang dey wanted real talk u can hav it i want my life n respect more den nething i a b dat bytch nikka as long as da fans dont kno watz goin on

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol:at "they most certainly did not" and then, in the same sentence "even if they did". You have no idea what you're talking about, do you?
E
I don't understand you cats. You ask for proof that someone is fake, people that know them well say they are, and then you brush it off anyway. So in other words you aren't gonna entertain the truth no matter what, so why waste time asking the question to begin with?

Fred.
proof? nikka you spun what them nikkas said on gorilla convict. And like i said even if they did say Ross was fake so what? nikkas who know 50 said hes fake. nikkas who said Cam was fake. It means what. Yall laugh because he said his friends dad told him be a co. Yall ignored the fact that in the same article it named the guy and said he was well known drug kingpin.

Status
Not open for further replies.