Rich Paul sued by NBA player Nerlens Noel over lost $58 million

Daps
Disney wants the matter settled via arbitration, while Scarlett Jo wants it settled in open court.

You aren't trying to bringing an arbitrator into the fold if you aren't trying to settle on some dollar amount that both sides would agree to.

what the fukk are you talking about? There was an arbitration clause in the contract. Scarlett’s lawyer is grasping at straws to keep it in federal court. They’ve got a weak ass case, that’s why they’re trying to try the shyt in the press.

• Dap
Reactions: No1

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Disney wants the matter settled via arbitration, while Scarlett Jo wants it settled in open court.

You aren't trying to bringing an arbitrator into the fold if you aren't trying to settle on some dollar amount that both sides would agree to.
That’s not why. It’s because arbitration doesn’t have legally binding precedent whereas a decision in open court is and arbitration can be made private whereas handling out in open court is public record. Moreover, arbitrators do not have to follow the law and just do what they think is right so it may be a more favorable forum if they get the right arbitrator. If you go to court then you have to deal with a pro-plaintiff judge. This is all about controlling the situation. And there’s more likely an arbitration clause in her contract for that reason.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rich Paul WASNT his agent when he turned down that deal. Be mad at him for NOT listening to his agent.
he turned it down cause his new agent told him to:dwillhuh:

you can't be this slow.

thats why he hired him in the first place:dwillhuh:

to take his direction and his advice.:dwillhuh:

he was gonna take da 70 and rich said no, i can get u something better:dwillhuh:

he was probably very convincing so noel trusted him and got snaked:dwillhuh:

why dont you understand:gucci:

he trusted.someone who apparently had more insite and knowledge than he did:gucci:

this is like trusting a real estate agent to sell your house and he stops.taking phone calls from potential buyers:gucci:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
That’s not why. It’s because arbitration doesn’t have legally binding precedent whereas a decision in open court is and arbitration can be made private whereas handling out in open court is public record. Moreover, arbitrators do not have to follow the law and just do what they think is right so it may be a more favorable forum if they get the right arbitrator. If you go to court then you have to deal with a pro-plaintiff judge. This is all about controlling the situation.

Controlling the situation meaning controlling the narrative and money that they'd have to pay out hence the concept of arbitration :comeon:

Disney is going to do everything in their power to keep that payout number as low as possible hence the reason why they never entertained renegotiating the deal with her anyways.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Controlling the situation meaning controlling the narrative and money that they'd have to pay out hence the concept of arbitration :comeon:
That isn’t unique to her situation. It’s literally standard to try to enforce arbitration clauses. It has nothing to do with her specific situation. By your logic Disney is afraid of losing every law suit. I really hate when you guys argue with actual attorneys.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
That isn’t unique to her situation. It’s literally standard to try to enforce arbitration clauses. It has nothing to do with her specific situation. By your logic Disney is afraid of losing every law suit. I really hate when you guys argue with actual attorneys.

I never even said that Disney was going to lose the lawsuit?

What I said was that they're going to try and negotiate an agreement with her to keep matters private, while Scarlett Jo wants matters to be handled publicly as a lot of people are rooting for her against The Mouse over how they've operated and treated people over the years.

Disney knows that they're going to have to pay out bread to rectify the situation. It's just a matter of the amount and how much they can keep matters private.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Because he was busy getting him 70mill for 4years ... If I do my job at work I cant be asked to also do this and that or why I didnt know this other department wanted this.......the job was to get a good deal or the best for Noel current agent did that...Everyone gonna be in your ear all the time as an NBA player he didnt trust his circle thats on him BUT Rich doesnt answers calls or doesnt have the staff to properly represent that on Rich... The problem is these 20 something come out of college to the NBA and dont know what its like to make 60k a year with a 3% raise for 10years...Their perspective is off...ITs lack of life experince...RIch knows this and prays on it and uses his rep to talk it up he talks about 10-15mil likes its a few shots or a few months or yea no problem......At this point though players might stay away from him if these reports keep coming out....

You're looking at it wrong. If you have 3 offers from teams - 4/70 now, 2/36 now & 4/82 that will be offered to you next season (if you can take a 1 yr elsewhere now), and your agent only tells you about the first, do they have your best interest at heart? They aren't giving you all of the information to make a decision. It's the agent's job to know all of the possibilities and present you with all of the offers for you to make that decision. Now, if that new agent comes in, and tells you about the other 2, you kind of will look at your current agent funny. He had the information, and you make more long term, so why weren't you informed?

We see it all of the time, with players taking 1-yrs or not re-upping because they know what their dream destination has and will offer them next season. it's the reason some players get traded, and the "1-year rental" is a thing.

Deus

I'm the REAL Zucotti Manicotti
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kingsbridge
he turned it down cause his new agent told him to:dwillhuh:

you can't be this slow.

thats why he hired him in the first place:dwillhuh:

to take his direction and his advice.:dwillhuh:

he was gonna take da 70 and rich said no, i can get u something better:dwillhuh:

he was probably very convincing so noel trusted him and got snaked:dwillhuh:

why dont you understand:gucci:

he trusted.someone who apparently had more insite and knowledge than he did:gucci:

this is like trusting a real estate agent to sell your house and he stops.taking phone calls from potential buyers:gucci:

His old agent had his back. Rich whispered into his ear and said leave your agent and refuse the $70 million and THEN he was hired.

Is this hard to comprehend?

Rich Paul more like Rich Poor for his clients.

Menna

All Star
Daps
Because he was busy getting him 70mill for 4years ... If I do my job at work I cant be asked to also do this and that...the job was to get a good deal or the best for Noel current agent did that...Everyone gonna be in your ear... The problem is these 20 something come out of college to the NBA and dont know what its like to make 60k a year with a 3% raise for 10years...Their perspective is off...ITs lack of life experince...RIch knows this and prays on it and uses his rep to talk it up...At this point though players might stay away from him if these reports keep coming out....
Because he was busy getting him 70mill for 4years ... If I do my job at work I cant be asked to also do this and that or why I didnt know this other department wanted this.......the job was to get a good deal or the best for Noel current agent did that...Everyone gonna be in your ear all the time as an NBA player he didnt trust his circle thats on him BUT Rich doesnt answers calls or doesnt have the staff to properly represent that on Rich... The problem is these 20 something come out of college to the NBA and dont know what its like to make 60k a year with a 3% raise for 10years...Their perspective is off...ITs lack of life experince...RIch knows this and prays on it and uses his rep to talk it up...At this point though players might stay away from him if these reports keep coming out....
You're looking at it wrong. If you have 3 offers from teams - 4/70 now, 2/36 now & 4/82 that will be offered to you next season (if you can take a 1 yr elsewhere now), and your agent only tells you about the first, do they have your best interest at heart? They aren't giving you all of the information to make a decision. It's the agent's job to know all of the possibilities and present you with all of the offers for you to make that decision. Now, if that new agent comes in, and tells you about the other 2, you kind of will look at your current agent funny. He had the information, and you make more long term, so why weren't you informed?

We see it all of the time, with players taking 1-yrs or not re-upping because they know what their dream destination has and will offer them next season. it's the reason some players get traded, and the "1-year rental" is a thing.

In your hypothetical situation yes you are correct. But I was just responding to the information present such as Noels talent compared to other players and the 70/4 deal.... Rich saying he can get 100mil is just speculation and creating doubt and fear of missing out based on lack of experience and knowledge that Noel has in my opinion

If it was said that he had other offers that his first agent didnt tell him about then your example above is correct and the first agent didnt do his job correct. But I didnt read that...Maybe I am more risk adverse but if im offered 70mil im not taking 5-7M for one year to prove myself and risk shyt when 70M is on the table infront of me im gonna take the 70M and be set up for life then and there.

Menna

All Star
Daps
Not even trying to act like I’m an attorney. Just thinking logically. How would you prove Noel’s accusations on Paul are true?
Can reach out to the other teams and go over phone records or interview them did they call Paul's company on this day....if so then that is a form of proof.

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can reach out to the other teams and go over phone records or interview them did they call Paul's company on this day....if so then that is a form of proof.
That’s what I’m saying. You would basically need other execs to testify which I’m not sure if they’d be willing. As much as a lot of execs hate Rich I’m not sure if they’re willing to burn that bridge as he represents a good amount of players now.

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Knew klutch/lebron fluff street team would be in here :mjlol:

Noel knew what he was signing to and he knew about klutchs conflict of interests, hell a lot of us called it here.

Outside of everything else, you don’t turn down 70 million for 4 million for health reasons alone because that shyt isn’t guaranteed for anyone.

Even fukkin NFL players will fight to a franchise tag in favor of a contract even if they make significantly less year to year than than would have made that one year under the tag.

I think they both got greedy and Noel is just exhausting his options to recoup some of that bread. Everyone knows he’s the biggest clown here, him looking at his bank account is a daily reminder of this so it doesn’t need to even be stated…

Daps
Not even trying to act like I’m an attorney. Just thinking logically. How would you prove Noel’s accusations on Paul are true?

e-mails, texts, phone logs from other executives to Paul. Subpoenaing Paul’s relevant e-mails/texts from the time. Depositions/testimony from the executives Paul didn’t respond to.

if you don’t have that, all you’re going to have is Noel’s testimony. Noel can only testify to things he has direct knowledge of. So he can’t testify about communications between Paul and executives, because that testimony would be inadmissible hearsay and not considered. Without that, he’s testimony is basically going to be, my agent gave me some bad advice, which is not enough to make it past summary judgment, let alone win at trial.