Rich Paul sued by NBA player Nerlens Noel over lost $58 million

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
That’s not how it works. It’s a question of did you fulfill your duty, did you deviate from what a reasonable agent in that position would do. It’s not just about not returning calls, it’s a question of was he proactive at all and it appears that he was not. It literally looks like he forgot about him. Now of course Rich will provide an answer and they’re usually barebones but in a case this high profile he’ll most likely divulge some information.
Got it. Thanks for explaining it to me.

• Dap
Reactions: No1

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
there's a clear trend of players turning down money they never get back under rich paul's guidance.

the whole point of hiring and paying an agent in the first place is so they can tell you about upcoming opportunies and lead you in da right direction.

its like not like he took advice from some agent from the YMCA, we are talkin about rich paul here. he trusted him and got snaked.

it even looked like noel was ready to let it go and take the l (like others have done) but then rich had da nerve to file a complaint against noel....asking for some of the money from the knick deal he had nothin to do with it:russ:

lebron got dis nikka feeling like suge knight

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I dont know man if I am Noel with my talent and I get 70mil for 4 to play in Dallas i dont know how much shopping im going to do...

I get it. And your old agent got you that. Now a new agent talks to you and says if you come with me, take this 1/5M from Team X, Team C has already said they have 4/82 lined up for you in the next offseason. Now, of course you have to wait 1 year, but that's an addition 17M I got you if you come with me...an extra year.

So this is what goes into your mind. Why didn't current agent tell you that? Do they not believe in your abilities, and only presented you the first offer? They have to know about Team C with the 20.5M per. Also, you see new agent with his superstars getting them those crazy deals...sure they can get you one above FMV as well. They wouldn't want you if it wasn't true.

Then after you sign, you come to find out they're not even taking calls about you...having no interest in your career. Was it all a ploy? Are you just being used as a pawn to get be used later on to get Lebron who he wants?

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Smart and rich people take L's in court all the time or end up having to settle. Rich Paul being smart or Lebron having bread means nothing :mjlol:

Look at Disney and how they're going to have to settle with Scarlett Jo even in spite of their bread and legal team being longer than hers.
disney is not settling with scarlett

where did you hear that?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
disney is not settling with scarlett

where did you hear that?

Disney wants the matter settled via arbitration, while Scarlett Jo wants it settled in open court.

You aren't trying to bringing an arbitrator into the fold if you aren't trying to settle on some dollar amount that both sides would agree to.

Menna

All Star
Daps
I get it. And your old agent got you that. Now a new agent talks to you and says if you come with me, take this 1/5M from Team X, Team C has already said they have 4/82 lined up for you in the next offseason. Now, of course you have to wait 1 year, but that's an addition 17M I got you if you come with me...an extra year.

So this is what goes into your mind. Why didn't current agent tell you that? Do they not believe in your abilities, and only presented you the first offer? They have to know about Team C with the 20.5M per. Also, you see new agent with his superstars getting them those crazy deals...sure they can get you one above FMV as well. They wouldn't want you if it wasn't true.

Then after you sign, you come to find out they're not even taking calls about you...having no interest in your career. Was it all a ploy? Are you just being used as a pawn to get be used later on to get Lebron who he wants?

Because he was busy getting him 70mill for 4years ... If I do my job at work I cant be asked to also do this and that or why I didnt know this other department wanted this.......the job was to get a good deal or the best for Noel current agent did that...Everyone gonna be in your ear all the time as an NBA player he didnt trust his circle thats on him BUT Rich doesnt answers calls or doesnt have the staff to properly represent that on Rich... The problem is these 20 something come out of college to the NBA and dont know what its like to make 60k a year with a 3% raise for 10years...Their perspective is off...ITs lack of life experince...RIch knows this and prays on it and uses his rep to talk it up he talks about 10-15mil likes its a few shots or a few months or yea no problem......At this point though players might stay away from him if these reports keep coming out....

Last edited:

GetSomeMoney

All Star
Supporter
Daps
This thread is hilarious, Rich Paul asked for his commission and now Nerlens wants to bring this lawsuit. Why didn't he bring this lawsuit 2018, 2019, 2020?? The premise of him ignoring calls from other teams is a stretch and every agent is going to give the most attention to their star client, so claiming he didn't get the timely call backs is his fault, he already had an agent who could give him more attention. Nerlens thought he was 100 million dollar player and wanted to sign with an agent he thought could get him that money, period. Only superstars can take those chances with money on the table, his ass should have taken the money that his previous agent got him.

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: at ya'll thinking Nerlens has a shot at getting anything with this lawsuit.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m mad that the players he’s using as other victims are dudes that aren’t any longer in the league at all.