Rich Paul sued by NBA player Nerlens Noel over lost $58 million

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Terrell Owens and Drew Rosenhause is the case all the coli lawyers in here should be looking at for reference. I can’t remember what happened with that though. But surprised nobody mentioned it. Breh and Breh Associates slipping

Also, might be hard to prove but sounds like Happy Walters has a suit for contractual interference cause Rich poached Noel from him. But I’m thinking it may be an unwritten rule that agents don’t sue each other. I bet they be trying to steal each other’s players like pimps be knocking hoes. It’s all in the game

I think agents steal clients all of the time. It's the nature of the business. It doesn't seem like you sign with them for duration, you sign with them, and at any time, y'all can part ways.

Menna

All Star
Daps
"Then, free agency hit and the first day was quiet. Noel says that he later learned that representatives from the Houston Rockets and Los Angeles Clippers wanted to discuss opportunities with Paul, but that they could not make contact."

These players don't have cell phones...Rockets and clips cant contact former team and get his cell????

So shroder passes up a 80 mill deal to try to get 100mill and signs for single digets and Noel passes up a 70 mill deal to try to get 100mill and end up with single digets...

Someone tell these players 70-90 Mill for 5 or less years IS ENOUGH ... Unless you are top 10 player in the league but this isnt the case

I dont care what your lifestyle is or what fees and taxes there are if you getting 70-80 mill after those 4-5 years you never have to earn money again...You can spend crazy and still have 10mill left .....

Menna

All Star
Daps
But ultimately, you're relying on your agent to check the temperature out there, and present you with all of the best situations. If your agent, or potential agent says not to take let's say 80M, you're trusting that they are hearing other/better offers for you. That's their job. If they told you take this 1-yr deal, you're trusting them to have information that a team really wants you, and are going to trade/wait for you, and give you that bag you desire, but they may not be able to do it right now. "Here. Take this 1-yr MLE. I know that 2 teams that want to give you 4/90M, but can't do it until after this season. So, by doing this, I get you an extra yr of 14M."
Yea but you then run the risk of getting hurt or play diminishing. You are relaying on the human body .... risky

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
That'd be hard as hell to prove if the call logs weren't erased. Even if Paul has a single log on the teams' phone where he picked up, that might be enough to throw out the negligence aspect of the suit because it shows that he did respond in some form or fashion.
That’s not how it works. It’s a question of did you fulfill your duty, did you deviate from what a reasonable agent in that position would do. It’s not just about not returning calls, it’s a question of was he proactive at all and it appears that he was not. It literally looks like he forgot about him. Now of course Rich will provide an answer and they’re usually barebones but in a case this high profile he’ll most likely divulge some information.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
In your scenario, what grounds (I hope that’s the right word) would he be suing for? I know all the details, but Im just not seein this big 58 million dollar case. His agent stinks for everybody but Lebron; Rich Paul isn’t some dummy that you gonna catch on something like paperwork. Nor are you you gonna body what is basically Lebron legal team in court.

Smart and rich people take L's in court all the time or end up having to settle. Rich Paul being smart or Lebron having bread means nothing :mjlol:

Look at Disney and how they're going to have to settle with Scarlett Jo even in spite of their bread and legal team being longer than hers.

Menna

All Star
Daps
Why would Noel need Rich if a player with his level of talent already had 70mil for 4?

Thats like saying I need a new car after getting a new car...He had the max deal FOR HIS LEVEL OF TALENT...Max deals are relative to who the deals are for...

With his level of talen his current agent negotiated 70mil for 4 $17.5mil a year. Hes not a 25+Mil a year player...Agents come in gas players up lie embellish and here we go.

The not answering the phone or returning calls if true is traitorous.

Why don't players have teams call them and then get with thier lawyer...Do you really need an agent. People know what other players make its public they just need a lawyer to go over the legal paperwork...

Last edited:

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
Maybe Nerlens should own up to the fact that his mediocre play is what led to this. He needs to sue his mirror 1st:yeshrug:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Advising him to pass on the Dallas deal because he thought they could have gotten more is one thing but those reports of ignoring team execs reaching out to him about Nerlens seems odd, got to be more to that story?

someone snitched and told Nerlens.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Why would Noel need Rich if a player with his level of talent already had 70mil for 4?

Thats like saying I need a new car after getting a new car...He had the max deal FOR HIS LEVEL OF TALENT...Max deals are relative to who the deals are for...

With his level of talen his current agent negotiated 70mil for 4 $17.5mil a year. Hes not a 25+Mil a year player...Agents come in gas players up lie embellish and here we go.

The not answering the phone or returning calls if true is traitorous.

Why don't players have teams call them and then get with thier lawyer...Do you really need an agent. People know what other players make its public they just need a lawyer to go over the legal paperwork...

It's one offer. It's reasonable to believe another team will offer you similar, if not more. Literally EVERY player leverages one team against another. The reason bags are so hefty is because teams overpay what your FMV is, in order to not lose you. They already know what teams are looking at you, and what they have to offer..monetary or via trade. You're the last one to know because you aren't in those rooms.

Plenty of players take a one year, because the bag will be more fruitful the following. Plenty bet on themselves, AND Injuries are a risk they take, because it seldom ever happens to the point it affects their money.

You don't need an agent, and you can represent yourself, but who is going to field and filter all of those calls? Who is going to do the research on the teams, the money involved, the teams' situation? Who is going to know in advance who is on the line to not take the call? That's a lot of research. Who is going to seek out new opportunities for you...most that you don't even have in your peripheral?

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Are some of y’all even reading? He has no case. Nerlens walked away from his agent that was working on the $70 million deal

Paul had no duty to nerlens that was nerlens getting greedy and disloyal to his then agent

never trade in your treasure for an empty box
Of course they not reading its Rich Paul, LeBron red meat :mjlol:

Rich Paul wasn’t even his agent when he turned down that money :hhh:

Menna

All Star
Daps
It's one offer. It's reasonable to believe another team will offer you similar, if not more. Literally EVERY player leverages one team against another. The reason bags are so hefty is because teams overpay what your FMV is, in order to not lose you. They already know what teams are looking at you, and what they have to offer..monetary or via trade. You're the last one to know because you aren't in those rooms.

Plenty of players take a one year, because the bag will be more fruitful the following. Plenty bet on themselves, AND Injuries are a risk they take, because it seldom ever happens to the point it affects their money.

You don't need an agent, and you can represent yourself, but who is going to field and filter all of those calls? Who is going to do the research on the teams, the money involved, the teams' situation? Who is going to know in advance who is on the line to not take the call? That's a lot of research. Who is going to seek out new opportunities for you...most that you don't even have in your peripheral?
I dont know man if I am Noel with my talent and I get 70mil for 4 to play in Dallas i dont know how much shopping im going to do...

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Unless Paul was doing something illegal or acting in an extremely unprofessional manner with Nerlens this case has no legs. You can't sue just because your representation told you not to take a deal or something. Also Klutch lawyers about to eat him alive. :hubie:
Some enemy of Klutch put Nerlens up to this. Breh should have somebody in his corner telling him this is a waster of time and money.