Rich Paul sued by NBA player Nerlens Noel over lost $58 million

No..Money..Mo..Problems

it is what it is
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide

You have to look out for your clients best interest. Telling him to decline a 70 mill contract cuz you think your the shyt and can get him a 100 mill deal is reckless as fukk. Not only that but he's also being accused of not communicating with teams who were interested in Noel.

If your not Lebron or a big name it's looking like Rich Paul doesn't give a fukk about you as a client.

Karume

All Star
Daps
You have to look out for your clients best interest. Telling him to decline a 70 mill contract cuz you think your the shyt and can get him a 100 mill deal is reckless as fukk. Not only that but he's also being accused of not communicating with teams who were interested in Noel.

If your not Lebron or a big name it's looking like Rich Paul doesn't give a fukk about you as a client.
it seems to me that unless he lied to noel or withheld vital info then he did nothing wrong. Noel made the decision, so the onus would be on him.

where is the evidence of this not communicating?

No..Money..Mo..Problems

it is what it is
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
it seems to me that unless he lied to noel or withheld vital info then he did nothing wrong. Noel made the decision, so the onus would be on him.

You not understand breh if a stock broker convinced you to sell a stock that was making you crazy money and advertise a penny stock telling you this was better that would never fly.
Rich Paul is convincing his clients to turn down huge deals on the basis of im connected to Bron and somehow I can convince teams to give you the fault. That's reckless ass hell because teams who offered you the deal have to eventually move on and use that cap space to sign other players. The fact no other team offered him more money or anything close to what the Mavs offered is very telling that only one team was really interesting in Noel and his agent should of known that the market was very thin for his client. But no he doubled down and told him to decline.

Karume

All Star
Daps
You not understand breh if a stock broker convinced you to sell a stock that was making you crazy money and advertise a penny stock telling you this was better that would never fly.
Rich Paul is convincing his clients to turn down huge deals on the basis of im connected to Bron and somehow I can convince teams to give you the fault. That's reckless ass hell because teams who offered you the deal have to eventually move on and use that cap space to sign other players. The fact no other team offered him more money or anything close to what the Mavs offered is very telling that only one team was really interesting in Noel and his agent should of known that the market was very thin for his client. But no he doubled down and told him to decline.
my point is if an agent presents multiple options AND accurately presents the pros/cons of said options then it isnt the agents fault if the client chooses an option that doesn work out as planned. at this point nothing has been presented that indicates Rich told Noel anything that was dishonest or misleading. perhaps that will change as things move forward.

Goatpoacher

Superstar
Daps

Breach of fiduciary duty doesn't require lying or withholding information.

"A breach of fiduciary duty occurs when a principal fails to act responsibly in the best interests of a client. The consequences of a breach of fiduciary duty are multiple. They can range from reputation damage to loss of a license and monetary penalties."

If Rich Paul did not make reasonable efforts to obtain a deal, then he has failed his duties as a fiduciary.

No..Money..Mo..Problems

it is what it is
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
my point is if an agent presents multiple options AND accurately presents the pros/cons of said options then it isnt the agents fault if the client chooses an option that doesn work out as planned. at this point nothing has been presented that indicates Rich told Noel anything that was dishonest or misleading. perhaps that will change as things move forward.

I think this is what happened after he couldn't get the deal he wanted and Mavs offer was off the table Rich was ignoring some teams because he either didn't want Noel in that city or he was to embarrassed and pride got in the way of looking at lower offers like 3 years 35 mill type deals. That's what's I'm getting from this lawsuit. The agent needs to be leveled headed one and it's looking like he was the one trying to convince Noel to keep holding out. As a agent your soul job is to assess the market value of your client and Rich has done a poor job of that on a couple of guys in the league.

Karume

All Star
Daps
Breach of fiduciary duty doesn't require lying or withholding information.

"A breach of fiduciary duty occurs when a principal fails to act responsibly in the best interests of a client. The consequences of a breach of fiduciary duty are multiple. They can range from reputation damage to loss of a license and monetary penalties."

If Rich Paul did not make reasonable efforts to obtain a deal, then he has failed his duties as a fiduciary.
so to this point there is no credible evidence of a lack of reasonable effort.

Karume

All Star
Daps
I think this is what happened after he couldn't get the deal he wanted and Mavs offer was off the table Rich was ignoring some teams because he either didn't want Noel in that city or he was to embarrassed and pride got in the way of looking at lower offers like 3 years 35 mill type deals. That's what's I'm getting from this lawsuit. The agent needs to be leveled headed one and it's looking like he was the one trying to convince Noel to keep holding out. As a agent your soul job is to assess the market value of your client and Rich has done a poor job of that on a couple of guys in the league.
receipts?