Rich Paul sued by NBA player Nerlens Noel over lost $58 million

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Terrell Owens and Drew Rosenhause is the case all the coli lawyers in here should be looking at for reference. I can’t remember what happened with that though. But surprised nobody mentioned it. Breh and Breh Associates slipping

Also, might be hard to prove but sounds like Happy Walters has a suit for contractual interference cause Rich poached Noel from him. But I’m thinking it may be an unwritten rule that agents don’t sue each other. I bet they be trying to steal each other’s players like pimps be knocking hoes. It’s all in the game

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Are some of y’all even reading? He has no case. Nerlens walked away from his agent that was working on the $70 million deal

Paul had no duty to nerlens that was nerlens getting greedy and disloyal to his then agent

never trade in your treasure for an empty box
YOU MISSED THE PART
WHERE RICH ALLEGEDLY
IGNORE CALLS FROM TEAMS
LOOKING TO GET NOELS SERVICES?

HES BEING SUED FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT & NEGLIGENCE
NOT BAD ADVICE ON THE MAVS DEAL.
:devil:
:evil:

C-NICE

Jiggy is the lifestyle
Daps
Reppin
From Atlanta to San Fran to LA 4now
Breh, Rich has been fukking up. Montrezl turned down an 80mill/4 yrs contract from the Hornets to play for the Lakers. He is also represented by Rich Paul. His bad decision didnt get the same amount of attention as Schroeder for dropping the bag. Montrezl value tanked after a disappointed season with the Lakers. He lost a lot of money fukking Rich Paul.
4yr 80 mill :mjlol:stop it but Rich Paul aint resposible for these dudes not living up to the hype when you turn down the contract im sure the kicker is you have to play well after :ohhh: Rich Paul wasn't wrong if noel balled out with that tv Money coming he could have got more bread but to blame him and say he wasn't taking calls is asinine. So noel didn't have a phone he just sat at home and wondered why he wasn't getting offers and did nothing :francis:. The funny thing is that 70mill he def wasn't worth it he should have known that not his soon to be agent :yeshrug:

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
I think the only way Noel has a shot at winning this is if other team executives are willing to testify and have email proof or voicemails that they reached out to Paul offering a deal with no response. Short of that I don’t see how Noel can prove his accusations.

coli attorneys y’all

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
He doesn't have a case. He ultimately made the decision to bet on himself, sign with Klutch, and loss due to injury and not being able to play.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I believe it. He tried the same shyt with Morris Sr making him reneg on that Spurs deal just to sign for 5 mil with the knicks. Only thing was Morris was smart and dumped his ass ASAP. (Granted he also wasn’t limited like Noel but still) Paul is garbage and a leech. The minute Lebron bounces he will be blackballed status. And before any dikkhead LeGBT Stan comes with the dap fishing shyt, there are agents like Gaston who was mentioned earlier, Raymond Brothers, etc
I thought Rich never told him about a Knicks offer. And when he found out he forced his way to NY then fired Rich.

Mr swag

We Out Here
Daps
Reppin
The Well Respected Uptown,Virginia
Terrell Owens and Drew Rosenhause is the case all the coli lawyers in here should be looking at for reference. I can’t remember what happened with that though. But surprised nobody mentioned it. Breh and Breh Associates slipping

Also, might be hard to prove but sounds like Happy Walters has a suit for contractual interference cause Rich poached Noel from him. But I’m thinking it may be an unwritten rule that agents don’t sue each other. I bet they be trying to steal each other’s players like pimps be knocking hoes. It’s all in the game

drew was AT LEAST smart enough to settle and have Owens sign a NDA. Rich Paul is an idiot. True or not (true) it will hurt him in the long run. Players will think twice or 2nd guess him moving forward

Daps
coli attorneys y’all

I don’t know what you’re trying to say here, but that pretty much what the entire case is going to turn on. He needs proof that those communications happened and they Paul didn’t inform him. Noel can’t testify to something someone told him, that’s hearsay. You either gotta bring in that exec to make the statement we reached out to Paul and got no response, or show an e-mail/text/something showing a communication with Paul. Otherwise, Noel loses at summary judgment.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Most of the brehs in this thread are probably younger than me. Perhaps that affects my outlook. It just seems odd to me that none of the related conversations appear to have occured via email or texts.

From my understanding of agents, a lot of the initial conversations are had via phone. The emails don't come in until the ink is drying.

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
YOU MISSED THE PART
WHERE RICH ALLEGEDLY
IGNORE CALLS FROM TEAMS
LOOKING TO GET NOELS SERVICES?

HES BEING SUED FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT & NEGLIGENCE
NOT BAD ADVICE ON THE MAVS DEAL.
:devil:
:evil:
That'd be hard as hell to prove if the call logs weren't erased. Even if Paul has a single log on the teams' phone where he picked up, that might be enough to throw out the negligence aspect of the suit because it shows that he did respond in some form or fashion.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Ultimately, yes. Same with Trezz. If your agent tells you to turn down 70-80 million, you fire him. If you want to turn down 70-80 million, it’s his job to talk you into taking it. If he doesn’t, you fire him.

Doesn’t mean Rich Paul isn’t any less of a POS agent though.

But ultimately, you're relying on your agent to check the temperature out there, and present you with all of the best situations. If your agent, or potential agent says not to take let's say 80M, you're trusting that they are hearing other/better offers for you. That's their job. If they told you take this 1-yr deal, you're trusting them to have information that a team really wants you, and are going to trade/wait for you, and give you that bag you desire, but they may not be able to do it right now. "Here. Take this 1-yr MLE. I know that 2 teams that want to give you 4/90M, but can't do it until after this season. So, by doing this, I get you an extra yr of 14M."

Last edited: