Rich Paul sued by NBA player Nerlens Noel over lost $58 million

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So It falls on Noel.......
Ultimately, yes. Same with Trezz. If your agent tells you to turn down 70-80 million, you fire him. If you want to turn down 70-80 million, it’s his job to talk you into taking it. If he doesn’t, you fire him.

Doesn’t mean Rich Paul isn’t any less of a POS agent though.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
The two teams mentioned that Rich Paul was ignoring we’re the Clippers and Rockets—two teams in direct completion with the Lakers at the time. Once again, everything at Klutch is centered around Lebron and his chance at a ring. You have to be a fool to sign with them if you want to get a good long term deal.

Take away the biggest names (who don’t/didn’t need Rich Paul for a max deal) including Lebron, AD, Ben Simmons, Trae Young, Draymond, and players who were on Lebron’s teams, what has Rich Paul actually done?
Nerlens noel wasn't putting either of those teams over the top :stopitslime:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
The two teams mentioned that Rich Paul was ignoring we’re the Clippers and Rockets—two teams in direct completion with the Lakers at the time. Once again, everything at Klutch is centered around Lebron and his chance at a ring. You have to be a fool to sign with them if you want to get a good long term deal.

Take away the biggest names (who don’t/didn’t need Rich Paul for a max deal) including Lebron, AD, Ben Simmons, Trae Young, Draymond, and players who were on Lebron’s teams, what has Rich Paul actually done?

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Yeah you could if that’s what happened. They missed out on getting the best deal, but he did get a deal. I know this is the coli and how these type of conversations go, but you can’t sue the agent you selected for not being very good. I mean you can sue, but it will get tossed. My agent didn’t get the best deal is not something that is going to hold up in court.

im just gonna say that and duck out.
You’re talking like someone who isn’t a lawyer who is talking to an actual lawyer. You can sue your agent for being willfully negligent just like you can sue a lawyer for malpractice. The whole case is full of him saying Rich didn’t do his job and passed up on deals. The 58 million number is fluff. They always start high.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
You’re talking like someone who isn’t a lawyer who is talking to an actual lawyer. You can sue your agent for be willfully negligent just like you can sue a lawyer for malpractice. The whole case is full of him saying Rich didn’t do his job and passed up on deals. The 58 million number is fluff. They always start high.
You can sue, but it’s going to get thrown out. Popping in saying you are a lawyer doesn’t mean anything. Not pushing your client to sign a deal isn’t negligence. Nerlens has the right to fire his agent and sign with someone else. But he didn’t.

Like I said I know this the coli. And I fully expected a “lawyer” to pop in late on a Tuesday night giving advice like he’s Johnny Cochran.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
You can sue, but it’s going to get thrown out. Popping in saying you are a lawyer doesn’t mean anything. Not pushing your client to sign a deal isn’t negligence. Nerlens has the right to fire his agent and sign with someone else. But he didn’t.

Like I said I know this the coli. And I fully expected a “lawyer” to pop in late on a Tuesday night giving advice like he’s Johnny Cochran.

Doubt it gets thrown out

Noel wouldnt have introduced the suit at all if there wasnt documented evidence that hasnt been reported yet. Especially considering that this will be an important case as precedent going forward AND the stakes of going up against Klutch/Paul/Bron right now

And even with that withstanding, it seems as though it's fairly likely that a judge would let it play out (albeit I'd be shocked if there wasnt a settlement reached between the two parties)

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Doubt it gets thrown out

Noel wouldnt have introduced the suit at all if there wasnt documented evidence that hasnt been reported yet. Especially considering that this will be an important case as precedent going forward AND the stakes of going up against Klutch/Paul/Bron right now

And even with that withstanding, it seems as though it's fairly likely that a judge would let it play out (albeit I'd be shocked if there wasnt a settlement reached between the two parties)
In your scenario, what grounds (I hope that’s the right word) would he be suing for? I know all the details, but Im just not seein this big 58 million dollar case. His agent stinks for everybody but Lebron; Rich Paul isn’t some dummy that you gonna catch on something like paperwork. Nor are you you gonna body what is basically Lebron legal team in court.