Rich kids run basketball now

br82186

Superstar
Daps
It was inevitable. The NBA the only major basketball league so after a few generations of players come in and figure the game out and retain their wealth it gets easier and easier to raise the kids up to that standard. I agree with the other tweet, America DESPERATELY needs another big basketball league and more support for minor leagues but at this point it wont ever happen and all well have is the NBA and a bunch of neckbeards screaming at people about how much richer theses guys are than everyone in comment sections
You got that with the NFL

Marvin Jr

And next year's draft with Sanders and Howard Cross III

Last edited:
Daps
Football has some of this but the physical nature of the sport requires more than just rich parents unless you're a QB/P/K. You gotta be a genetic freak just to be average. Money won't get you to 250 lbs looking like Micah Parsons running a 4.3

Basketball is like soccer for tall people. Very easy for the rich to exploit. Why?

Well first, height severely limits the pool of talent. Steph Curry is 6'3" which puts him in the 96th/97th percentile for height among all men. He's relatively small by NBA standards but taller than probably 98% of men that have ever lived in human history.

So a small talent pool just off height.....then you have a high skill, above average athletic threshold you have to meet. The athletic ability is mostly genetics but the skill can be trained. If your pops was an elite baller, you are MUCH more likely to inherit his height (rich dad = good nutrition at home) and he can coach you up on skills. Easy for rich ballers to put Junior on to the family biz.

Jamal Hoodballer is more naturally gifted but he's not getting the coaching he needs unless his talent is so obvious that he gets snatched up by AAU and prep schools. The rich kid gets elite training from when he's a toddler.

Flip side is that Javon Richballer peaks a lot earlier because his skill set is maxed out and he's not a freaky enough athlete to dominate like his pops did. He gets the nod over Hoodballer but ultimately fails because everyone in the league has skill but not everyone got the strength of Luka/Jokic, the explosiveness of Bron/MJ etc.

Last edited:

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Whats wrong with not being poor?
Nothing, but I think along with the influx of euro players will turn into an issue soon.

Not to mention we're fastly approaching the era where you're gonna start seeing AAU babies in the league.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Bryce and Kiyan were cut from the first round of cuts but Bryce even being there in the first place is hilarious

Yea people are still holding onto ‘Ayo Bryce finna be way better’ from 4,5 years ago. I don’t even think that’s true anymore

From what I’ve seen recently Bryce be lookin like he hoop for fun :francis: which is totally fine but yea his game casual. He just shoot 3s and take occasional fadeaways. He don’t pop

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
If you look at the teams that have been winning chips, and the main players, its been this way for a minute. Shaq, Kobe, Duncan, Curry, MJ and the Euro's usually come from middle/uppermiddle class households. The get it out of the mud dudes aren't winning like that, Lebron is the anomaly.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea people are still holding onto ‘Ayo Bryce finna be way better’ from 4,5 years ago. I don’t even think that’s true anymore

From what I’ve seen recently Bryce be lookin like he hoop for fun :francis: which is totally fine but yea his game casual. He just shoot 3s and take occasional fadeaways. He don’t pop
He's a borderline top 150 recruit and that's giving him the extreme benefit of the doubt. Some guys will get excluded based on politics due to their sneaker affiliation but even taking that into consideration a player ranked where Bryce is has no business being at team USA camp.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
If your good enough you’ll make it

And obviously you can’t crash out like Lenny Cooke because attitude and behavior matters. Look how Lenny acted like he was Vincent Chase back in the day then got cooked by Bron — but still was given the benefit of the doubt because of skill. And if ultimately didn't matter because his attitude was weak.

These new gen AAU and nepo babies mostly know how to act even though it’s inevitable you will be someone like Mikey who is kinda ehhh, but has hype yet still finds a way to mess up his shot.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I realized this years ago. shyt They're already running the league now. No more guys who came up on the playground like Dr. J ,Magic, and Allen Iverson.

I blame Kobe:hubie:

And most of this mentally ill followers:hubie:

Not saying buddy can’t talented….

But yall praised a guy who’s father was a former pro, who lived really well with both parents and have the luxury of even living in a beautiful country like Italy to the point he relates more to Italian and foreigners over the black community.

Over guys that came from broken homes, grew up in the projects and didn’t have the connections and tools many of the rich kids had. And ultimately became big successes

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
As they should. That Bullshyt Single Mom project shyt can't last forever. nikkas should be happy that these boys have fathers who groomed them especially since most of their fathers are the ones who overcame the odds.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Also gotta check the school systems in the cities. NYC in part sucks at developing and maintain a decent talent pool because the high schools that were good get shut down due to lack of funds and the public schools outside of 1 or 2 suck as well and if any kind has any semblance of talent he gets sent away to some charter school in NH just to avoid hood shyt.

When that happens, it dries the pool up and the ones who have connections to everything nice get the advantages. It's one of the downsides to how big sports is to our society.

Furthermore, these kids are genetically gifted if they're the children of athletes. The days of Allen Iverson dominating in the NBA might be over mainly because now if you're under 6'2'', good luck. I see too many people hyping up kids with handles and some talent and athleticism only to find out they're 5'8'' and shyt. My only advice to them is to pick a good major.

Daps
I blame Kobe:hubie:

And most of this mentally ill followers:hubie:

Not saying buddy can’t talented….

But yall praised a guy who’s father was a former pro, who lived really well with both parents and have the luxury of even living in a beautiful country like Italy to the point he relates more to Italian and foreigners over the black community.

Over guys that came from broken homes, grew up in the projects and didn’t have the connections and tools many of the rich kids had. And ultimately became big successes
Damn when you think about it.....

The crossroads was Kobe and AI.

Iverson represented the rough, hood, grindy underdog baller with elite raw talent.

Kobe was the polished, rich kid of an NBA player that's not from the streets but balls as good as anyone.

The league wanted more Kobe's and fewer AI's. Of the NBA stars born the mid 90s or later, how many have the stereotypical hood background? Doesn't feel like any of the big names have that story and damn near all of em came from 2-parent homes.