Rich kids run basketball now

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Another American born kid that has been showing out in the FIBA U17 tourney, that 2026 class is loaded

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They did a study, I like about 20 or so years ago, where it said players from upper middle class or wealthy backgrounds are overrepresented in the NBA.
Of course they are. And it only makes sense. Outside of the physical gifts you need (height, natural athleticism, length, etc), your growth is dependent on your training. More money provides you with better nutrition, better coaching, specialized and private coaching, plus the bonus of being able to focus solely on school and basketball and not having to worry about if your mom is gonna be able to make rent at the end of the month or not. Having money simply provides you with so many advantages that if you’re competitive and have at least a decent work ethic you’re going to be able to accelerate so much faster.

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
Ron Harper's son, Dylan, supposed to be a top 5 pick in 2025. I saw his mother:

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Dude gonna have half the league trying to get at his mother. :francis: Hope breh is ready.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Ron Harper's son, Dylan, supposed to be a top 5 pick in 2025. I saw his mother:

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Dude gonna have half the league trying to get at his mother. :francis: Hope breh is ready.
Can't laugh dap this post but yeah dude got the courtvision, BBIQ and deceptiveness you want in a point guard. Also ~6'7:

Rich getting richer. shyt is getting real tough for regular non-NBA or at least college players' kids to make the league.

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Do you have anything to substantiate this ststatement

I mentioned before that former high school players who are either coaches or ex-pros now all saying the same thing.

In this clip Mario Elie, ex Rocket and high school player from Uptown NYC talks about park games and at the end he speaks on the general topic

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

Dude already faking out NBA super stars.

I really like the way he feints with the off-hand. Dude keeps the defense off-balance by always threatening the jump shot. Subtle hesi's make for big fakes.

Not using any tricks just really solid fundamentals: great handle, terrific shot, excellent footwork, etc.

Last edited:

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps

I really like the way he feints with the off-hand. Dude keeps the defense off-balance by always threatening the jump shot.

Not using any tricks just really solid fundamentals: great handle, terrific shot, excellent footwork, etc.

He’s the only young nikka i see that i think will legitimately be a star

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City

I really like the way he feints with the off-hand. Dude keeps the defense off-balance by always threatening the jump shot.

This is Gilbert’s kid?

Daps
Him being a McDonalds All American over Mikey Williams definitely had more to do with who his dad was than anything.

Melo's son still has his mommas genes....and the fact that the majority of them NBA cats didn't choose athletic women to have children with is why you're not seeing bigger stronger faster versions of their dads on the court.
Damn good point.

Dell Curry picked a former college athlete in Sonya Curry. We see what Steph does...great shooter like his dad but a little more athletic.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Yeah, 6'7 handling the ball like this is different. Probably the closest thing to Luka in terms of tall player having advanced handles and slipperiness:

The way he looks off what he's doing on top is really great too. No look passes, court vision, etc. That's a player who's hard to predict and will catch you when you don't expect it. Like I said in the last post, that's somebody who's got fundamentals and advanced fundamentals down.

Last edited: