Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Once again
Bay Pioneer Khayree Drops Bombs About Industry & KMEL Radio (A MUST READ)

Key word 'really'...like I said he was well known, def a figure in Oakland/Bay/Kansas City but as far as his music, there was no standout tracks until around his death. He def had a fanbase.

Back then tho the Bay belonged to E-40 & Yukmouth.

KHAYREE IS A OLD HEAD, OF COURSE MAC DRE WASNT GETTIN RADIO PLAY LIKE THAT, HE WAS ON THE INDEPENDENT CIRCUIT.

DONT FORGET, MAC DRE STARTED THE HYPHY MOVEMENT WIT KEAK DA SNEAK.

TheRtist

Superstar
Daps
Ahhh..so you're neither from Cali nor the Bay...gotcha..

does it matter...I was hip to the Bay Area scene back then.

and with Luda bring from ATL and Fatlip being from LA...why would he wear such Oakland attire...

either ways someone need to get at Fatlip on Twitter

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
:gucci:
just admit u dont know wtf u talking about :snoop:

KEY WORD "LIKE THAT"....DRE WAS NEVER A BIG RADIO ARTIST TO BEGIN WITH ("TOO HARD FOR THE FUCCIN RADIO"), BUT "FEELIN MYSELF" WAS ONE OF HIS BIGGEST HITS WHEN IT DROPPED, ESPECIALLY IN CLUBS. PERIOD.

FALL BACK WIT YOUR TRY HARD POSTS BRODIE.

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
KHAYREE IS A OLD HEAD, OF COURSE MAC DRE WASNT GETTIN RADIO PLAY LIKE THAT, HE WAS ON THE INDEPENDENT CIRCUIT.

DONT FORGET, MAC DRE STARTED THE HYPHY MOVEMENT WIT KEAK DA SNEAK.
The only indie artist getting play where the ones working the radio.

Thats one of the problems, in the early 90's before Clean Channel, cats thought that KMEL was OBLIGATED to spin their music, because they may have been popular.

Dre's music wasnt radio friendly and aimed twords the streets.

Not to mention, cats really wasnt promoting singles like that to have a radio edit...but thats neither here nor there..

TheRtist

Superstar
Daps
The only indie artist getting play where the ones working the radio.

Thats one of the problems, in the early 90's before Clean Channel, cats thought that KMEL was OBLIGATED to spin their music, because they may have been popular.

Dre's music wasnt radio friendly and aimed twords the streets.

Not to mention, cats really wasnt promoting singles like that to have a radio edit...but thats neither here nor there..

very good point...

The only local songs I remember playing on KMEL back then was "Its Getting Hot" by The Team "Scrapin" by Gorilla Pits "Super Sick Wid It" by Mistah FAB & "Its a Slumper" By Turf Talk

TheRtist

Superstar
Daps
KEY WORD "LIKE THAT"....DRE WAS NEVER A BIG RADIO ARTIST TO BEGIN WITH ("TOO HARD FOR THE FUCCIN RADIO"), BUT "FEELIN MYSELF" WAS ONE OF HIS BIGGEST HITS WHEN IT DROPPED, ESPECIALLY IN CLUBS. PERIOD.

FALL BACK WIT YOUR TRY HARD POSTS BRODIE.

breh Khayree said NO RADIO PLAY.

kill ya self.

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
does it matter...I was hip to the Bay Area scene back then.

and with Luda bring from ATL and Fatlip being from LA...why would he wear such Oakland attire...

either ways someone need to get at Fatlip on Twitter
Wait just a gosh darn minute-So you tell a guy whos from the Bay he doesnt know what hes talking about..which he does.

Then you mixing up artists and locations?

Then on TOP-Dre isnt even from OAKLAND..He's from Vallejo..what does his attire have to do with anything?

And I was actually WORKING that Luda song, so YES I had ties to radio back then..so I DO know what Im talking about..

Which leads me to believe, you really only know whats printed .....cool you was hip..I was actually INVOLVED.

:manny:

TheRtist

Superstar
Daps
Wait just a gosh darn minute-So you tell a guy whos from the Bay he doesnt know what hes talking about..which he does.

Then you mixing up artists and locations?

Then on TOP-Dre isnt even from OAKLAND..He's from Vallejo..what does his attire have to do with anything?

And I was actually WORKING that Luda song, so YES I had ties to radio back then..so I DO know what Im talking about..

Which leads me to believe, you really only know whats printed .....cool you was hip..I was actually INVOLVED.

:manny:

ok cool breh, but considering that you were involved Im sure you can pull proof to back up your claims from somewhere