Returnal (PS5/PC) (April 30th, Housemarque) - OT

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
Got up to the 3rd boss and almost had him but that shyt gets crazy. I had a astronaut but burned it cause the damn mechs in that world. World 3 enemies are annoying as fukk.

Once y’all beat Phrike you’ll realize he wasn’t shyt.

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
Got up to the 3rd boss and almost had him but that shyt gets crazy. I had a astronaut but burned it cause the damn mechs in that world. World 3 enemies are annoying as fukk.

Once y’all beat Phrike you’ll realize he wasn’t shyt.
Its not the fact that the big statue demon thing is shooting, its the unshootable lil statues that keep dropping lasers and shyt. This shyt is basically gradius. You can tell these dudes love Neir.

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
Dawg how’d yall get to “phrike”? I haven’t even gotten to this nikka yet. I need some tips :damn:

as soon as lockdown starts I’m fukked :to:
Just keep following the blue doors on the map, you'll need a key to get to him. Hes at the top of that hill in that big door where all those turrets are.

Get ur profiency up so u can get better weapons b4 u even attempt to fight him

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
Its not the fact that the big statue demon thing is shooting, its the unshootable lil statues that keep dropping lasers and shyt. This shyt is basically gradius. You can tell these dudes love Neir.
Then you platforming and shyt on top of that:francis:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dawg how’d yall get to “phrike”? I haven’t even gotten to this nikka yet. I need some tips :damn:

as soon as lockdown starts I’m fukked :to:

I’m still able to get to him but every time I do it’s with a shytty gun but those lockdowns can be ridiculous...it started off easy but the more I died it seemed the harder it gets...and they even throw new variation of enemies...the easiest creatures to kill is the tentacle shyts but on one lockdown it was a bunch of them and the tree men but the tentacles had a green protective glow to them which made them harder to kill...anyway long story short I feel your pain...when I do survive the final lockdown before getting to phrike, it’s usually with half my energy and a low level gun smh

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’m still able to get to him but every time I do it’s with a shytty gun but those lockdowns can be ridiculous...it started off easy but the more I died it seemed the harder it gets...and they even throw new variation of enemies...the easiest creatures to kill is the tentacle shyts but on one lockdown it was a bunch of them and the tree men but the tentacles had a green protective glow to them which made them harder to kill...anyway long story short I feel your pain...when I do survive that final lockdown before getting to phrike, it’s usually with half my energy and a low level gun smh

• Try and kill enemies before passing through doors, you might not get the hobolites but you are protected from the door opening and shutting. Good way to cheese a lockdown room, unless there is a healing apparatus protecting them.
  • Don’t open chest until you are done with the entire level. Only pic up guns that drop from the big enemies, by the time you are done with the level your gun proficiency will be so high you can go back and open a chest with a high level rifle for the boss fight

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
  • Try and kill enemies before passing through doors, you might not get the hobolites but you are protected from the door opening and shutting. Good way to cheese a lockdown room, unless there is a healing apparatus protecting them.
  • Don’t open chest until you are done with the entire level. Only pic up guns that drop from the big enemies, by the time you are done with the level your gun proficiency will be so high you can go back and open a chest with a high level rifle for the boss fight

I kill everything in sight (I’ve used the door cheese move a couple times) before heading to phrike...but as to your second point I’ll try that...I usually stumble onto that chest early and just pick w/e gun is in there...I’ll beat everything in the level and then double back and hit up the chest next time

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
Im in the second biome and I still aint found the key to the house :skip:

**edit**

Cant believe i missed that.

I found it :snoop:

Last edited:

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
I avoid malfunctions as a whole, the reward isn't worth the risk, but chea, I ESPECIALLY avoid any parasites that lead to damage (fall damage, etc.), you can't afford any unnecessary damage in this game.
there's only one that'a good the one that does 20% stagger damage the more parasites u have...u just gotta find a parasite that really doesnt have a negative status effect and stack it...there are some...

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
there's only one that'a good the one that does 20% stagger damage the more parasites u have...u just gotta find a parasite that really doesnt have a negative status effect and stack it...there are some...
The parasite that brings you back to life (with 2 malfunctions) and a couple others are worthwhile, otherwise they’re all mostly meh. The bulk of the malignant items are pure trash