Returnal (PS5/PC) (April 30th, Housemarque) - OT

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Pausing the game and saving is two different things and would completely change the gameplay loop. Starting completely over from
The first level and being able to start from the beginning of the last level is way different.
it's the same as pausing. you create an auto save when you quit. then when you play again, you can load that save once. after that the save is deleted, and can't be used again

EarlyEarly

Superstar
Daps
What gun did you use on it?
I used the carbine with the grenade alt fire.

Made it to the 2nd boss and lost on the last phase. He's easier than Phrike though. I messed up dying before I got to him and blew mid level continue.

When the RNG works in your favour you have to take advantage of it because you never know when you'll be able to get a bunch of health drops or boosts with easy malfunctions.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
This game is fun but as my first roguelike I absolutely abhor this style of game design if they are all like this. I feel it holds this back more than adds to it.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Powered way up with guns and other augments and got to the first boss again. He had a sliver off health and he grazed me with the lazer and finished me :damn:
Same. Had him down to a sliver of his last bar but then I landed on one of his ground pound rings FML

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
SAVE YOUR ETHER!

You can use the reconstructor to not have to revive back at the ship with all of your items and gear.

So far it looks like a 1 time use :jbhmm:

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
This game is fun but as my first roguelike I absolutely abhor this style of game design if they are all like this. I feel it holds this back more than adds to it.

I hear ya but this a throwback to how games were made in the beginning,

Imagine beating the first boss with one quarter, old game heads had it way worse then us