Returnal (PS5/PC) (April 30th, Housemarque) - OT

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Is the spitmaw or rifle bettter? Spitmaw seems like its always recharging but it does way more damage.

I got the first boss down to the last of its second meter and got bodied.
Spitmaw is good for close combat as it feels like a slug shotty but it doesn't have the range, that's why I prefer the rifle.

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
It appears this is not a game you can progress in without having a long session from the reviews I’ve watched.

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
I fukked myself at the first boss with malignants couldnt change weapons and had permanent health decrease. And then I rested up at an integrity bed and it reset my intergrety stacks to zero

I got the hang of this now very fun easily can lose hours in it

This is what a next gen metroid should be

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It appears this is not a game you can progress in without having a long session from the reviews I’ve watched.

I mean you can u just have to use rest mode which is shaky for some people still.

plus it means you have to finish a run before you play another game

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I fukked myself at the first boss with malignants could change weapons. And then I rested up at an integrity bed and it reset my intergrety stacks to zero

I got the hang of this now very fun easily can lose hours in it

This is what a next gen metroid should be

I def understand the Metroid comparisons

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
they could have a temporary save so you can quit and pick up where you left off. a lot of rouge-like games have something like that
Pausing the game and saving is two different things and would completely change the gameplay loop. Starting completely over from
The first level and being able to start from the beginning of the last level is way different.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So far I think I got Phrike's patterns down, but I keep showing up with low health and making silly mistakes. Died twice to his ass

This game is fun as hell so far and the Blade has opened up a new element of play. My only issue is getting stuck with a pistol and low Adrenaline in a packed room with those Green and Orange dudes, that is not fun when you're pew-pewing and doing shyt damage while they surround you...

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i am a bit lost, i have been running around blasting everything in site but dont understand the point of the game?