Returnal (PS5/PC) (April 30th, Housemarque) - OT

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
I finally figured out all of the boss mechanics, just need to get the astronaut figurine and my preferred weapon my next run and I think I got him...no more getting him down to phase 3 and getting bodied.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
I like that machine gun like gun you’re given

how tf do you avoid taking damage from those green monsters? Idk if they’re shouting slime or electricity but shyt takes a big part of my health :picard:

Get to cover, let them teleport close to you - use the sword and then burn them while stunned.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
I can see why people want a save.

But it does seem kind of antithetical to their design. Like imagine Binding of Isaac letting you save halfway. Kind of defeats the point. Or Dark souls not making you use bon fires.

I won't be mad if they add some sort of compromise. Cause even myself, wanted to go to bed last night and wasn't dying. So I get it. At the same time I knew this was a rogue like that sends you to the beginning when you die before I bought the game.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

But it does seem kind of antithetical to their design. Like imagine Binding of Isaac letting you save halfway. Kind of defeats the point. Or Dark souls not making you use bon fires.

I won't be mad if they add some sort of compromise. Cause even myself, wanted to go to bed last night and wasn't dying. So I get it. At the same time I knew this was a rogue like that sends you to the beginning when you die before I bought the game.

I think what people are requesting is a way to quick save and turn off your console and start from the same room with the same items not necessarily save progress mid run. That way they don’t have to rely on putting their PS5 into rest mode.

The solution would be temporary saves that erase when you die that way you can’t save scum. If people think they are gonna put actual checkpoints in rooms then you got the wrong game lol

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN

Given its length, not having a save like feature is bs.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I wouldn't be mad at a suspended state on quit, souls actually does that too.

And people save scum the hell out of souls lol I guess we’ll see what happens but I’m guessing the developers dont want to break the game since people are already finishing it without trouble.

I’m not finding it very hard at the moment either. If losing progress (outside of glitch and crashes) is a big fear then you shouldn’t be playing roguelikes