Returnal (PS5/PC) (April 30th, Housemarque) - OT

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I don't think you can really classify this an indie with the increased budget they got to take a stab at a AAA game.

But they delivered so :salute:

I mean Sony barely marketed the thing and it’s number one ps5 seller on amazon right now, and sold out in a few amazon int sites

Big difference from walking on the F train and seeing an entire spider-man ps4 wrap around lol

They spent way more on marketing Days Gone

Justise M

Superstar
Daps
I want to play but no way I'm paying full $70 price.

Sony has too many sales too often to do that.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Games were 60 dollars for 15 years, can't expect that shyt to last forever. Game development budgets are not decreasing fam.

Movie ticket prices have gone up over 30% in the same time period.

AND games were still more expensive in the 80s and 90s not only relative to inflation.

Old school SNES games were ridiculous.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

ya that’s always been my stance...I’m looking back at old comments and I was always positively curious about the game but was never gonna rush to pay $70 to play an unknown IP from an indie studio...new ratchet and clank sure...new god of war sure...just not this...it’s interesting to see some of the earlier comments tho compared to now for some posters :sas2:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
ya that’s always been my stance...I’m looking back at old comments and I was always positively curious about the game but was never gonna rush to pay $70 to play an unknown IP from an indie studio...new ratchet and clank sure...new god of war sure...just not this...it’s interesting to see some of the earlier comments tho compared to now for some posters :sas2:

the game has great length :dame:

looks good, good gameplay, great reviews.

All you can ask for.

If the length was really short then I'd be concerned.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Nah Demon souls and miles morales ain’t drop a dollar and they came out in November. A lot of people don’t even have ps5s yet so I don’t see them dropping the price on their AAA exclusives for a while.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

Why are these the litmus of whether or not you'd buy at full price tho? It's not some fly-by night studio and Indies have been doing what most gamers wish big studios would do for years. And that's taking risk and doing more innovation and not just "cinematic" or by-the-numbers gaming. If one wants more from the industry, why not pay the ones that will actually do more?