Returnal (PS5/PC) (April 30th, Housemarque) - OT

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m torn on this. Want to check it out but really don’t have patience for rouge likes. Mainly to see how good it looks graphically but the last time I did that I ended up with Demons Souls :camby:

might just get New Pokémon snap :mjgrin:
I had to get demon souls because it was in the bundle with my ps5. I couldn’t get past the first 30-40 minutes. After a while just gave up . Game looks amazing though :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Not watching anymore videos on this until I play it myself :hubie:

Im off tomorrow, im going in tonight :mjlit:

tenor.gif

Deoji

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Zone 6 via PG County
That's good that you changed gears on that stands breh. Most folks psyche themselves out of playing great games just cuz they heard it's difficult...from reviewers no less. Do you know how trash the average gaming "journalist" is at games?! The majority of them. So their hard might actually be your normal. Plus you gotta understand that they're under crunch situations to get their reviews out asap, so any game that "complicates" that in the slightest is liable to be stated as hard by them.

Word. Just copped.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/ar...-review-the-best-game-on-playstation-5-so-far

There will likely be some that think it's too hard. There will also likely be some that think the story is too confusing. But, after I’d rolled credits on the incredible experience, all I wanted to do was play more and uncover the final secrets of Atropos.
The gameplay is as thrilling in hour one as it is in hour 40, the world never feels dull and the challenge is as satisfying as it is brutally difficult.
Returnal is an absolute must-play experience.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It’s like a sea of 9’s, a few 8’s and a couple 7’s the one 6 from grubb, and a couple 10’s.

Just one point inbetween both spider-man games. Good to see a smaller developer get a lot of shine, especially at a time like this where there’s nothing else to over shadow it.

Ranked higher than Uncharted Lost Legacy, Miles Morales and Ghost Tsushima.

Last edited:

RIPODB

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Side
It’s like a sea of 9’s, a few 8’s and a couple 7’s the one 6 from grubb, and a couple 10’s.

Just one point inbetween both spider-man games. Good to see a smaller developer get a lot of shine, especially at a time like this where there’s nothing else to over shadow it.

Ranked higher than Uncharted Lost Legacy, Miles Morales and Ghost Tsushima.

I'll probably still cop, but 7.5 from Chris at Destructoid is disappointing. I usually trust him.

Review: Returnal

He says:

Returnal is a mostly thrilling sci-fi action romp that suffers from a lack of scale at times. In the moment, I'm completely fixated on my run, upgrading like a fiend, and dashing around for iFrames like I was playing a Capcom game. But after that run ends and I'm looking at the bigger picture, Returnal can feel a little smaller than it actually is. Keep that in mind before you take the pricey plunge.

Oh well. I've spent $70 in worse ways :manny:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
“The game is challenging but I'm not finding frustration. I enjoy playing this while I don't really enjoy Sekiro, Nioh and Demon's Souls at all. I have Bloodborne platinum and finished all Dark souls games, I just got "lazy" and I kinda don't ejoy playing those games at the moment, but this game doesn't feel frustrating to me and it still feels compelling to play.

Even when I die it doesn't feel cheap or unfair or out of my control, I just know I have to keep pushing and some runs will be better than others. Some because of my own errors, some because of horrible rng, some because of a combination of both, but bad rng can be overcome with smart playing in my experience.

I'm really enjoying this.“

Seems everyone has a different opinion on the difficulty

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'll probably still cop, but 7.5 from Chris at Destructoid is disappointing. I usually trust him.

Review: Returnal

He says:

Returnal is a mostly thrilling sci-fi action romp that suffers from a lack of scale at times. In the moment, I'm completely fixated on my run, upgrading like a fiend, and dashing around for iFrames like I was playing a Capcom game. But after that run ends and I'm looking at the bigger picture, Returnal can feel a little smaller than it actually is. Keep that in mind before you take the pricey plunge.

Oh well. I've spent $70 in worse ways :manny:

That doesn’t even sound like a bad review