Returnal (PS5/PC) (April 30th, Housemarque) - OT

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@Gizmo_Duck What you think the MC score will be for this? If it's below a 85, would you consider it a commercial flop? :lupe:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Yea I already know I’m not gonna best this. I never beat hard games. I enjoy them but eventually I just move on and never come back :yeshrug:

Still a first day cop :wow:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sony dropping another gem. Copping this at midnight; can’t wait.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Gizmo_Duck What you think the MC score will be for this? If it's below a 85, would you consider it a commercial flop? :lupe:

What does metacritic have to do with commercial success?

Anyway this game has had a big boost in pre-orders and will get high 80s on MC.

Last edited:

Deoji

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Zone 6 via PG County
Make time to git gud then.

I understand that. I'm unable commit the time required for the rogue-like or rogue-like-ish games unfortunately. Have fun tho.

EDIT: nah fukk it imma cop and drop my thoughts next week for nikkas that are like me. I want to play legit PS5 games and that outweighs anything else.

Last edited:

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
SMH as people find out what a rogue like is :umad:

That gameplay loop will be what makes this game great (like a Hades or BoI)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
9/10 - Gamespot
Returnal is constantly unsettling and consistently challenging. Its mysterious story and demanding action feel intense, urgent, and fresh. The fast-moving combat manages to appear incredibly daunting, bordering on overwhelming, without ever actually becoming insurmountable. Every moment is a rush, either because you just barely evaded a giant purple laser or because you have no idea why there's an Apollo-era astronaut following your every move. Do you need to be a little brave to play Returnal? Yeah. Do you need to be glutton for punishment? It helps. They say that anything worth doing should scare you at least a little bit. I'm not sure if that's always true, but Returnal makes a strong case.