Returnal (PS5/PC) (April 30th, Housemarque) - OT

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
PC mag has a preview but it’s written as a review for some reason. They seem to really enjoying it but say its insanely hard and that most casual gamers jsut aren’t gonna enjoy it due to that reason. Few journalist on era said the same thing, thy love the game and can’t put it down but it’s brutal difficulty wise. A lot of people can’t get past the 2nd boss lol

Returnal (for PlayStation 5) Preview

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’m hearing mad regular degulars talking about Returnal now. Oh dear... dual sense sales about to skyrocket next week.:lolbron:

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
review embargo is lifted tomorrow 5am pacific standard time:ehh::ehh:
confirmed by JD wither spoon he on twitch playing the game

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I BEAT MEGA MAN 2 bytch

tenor.gif

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Early impressions for someone who got an early copy:

“I'm going to preface this by saying that I am not downplaying the difficulty of this game at all, nor am I trying to paint myself like I am some amazing gamer. At most, I would consider myself slightly above average. I have finished Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1-3, Bloodborne and Sekiro, finding them all fairly difficult in their own unique ways. I am definitely not some Souls prodigy and I won't even pretend to be one. I have played Housemarque's previous titles, however none of them really past a couple of hours.

That being said, I have been playing this game for about five hours straight tonight and the only time I have died is at the very beginning of the game, which I am going to guess was in the first 10-20 minutes.

This game is definitely tough, and I could be running on a great build and not even realize it at this time, but I think for anybody that is okay with the difficulty of souls, you will be absolutely fine here. I would even personally argue that it is easier than those games just due to the third person nature of the gameplay, but of course that is 100% subjective, and some people may find other genres easier. The controls are extremely tight and I think that definitely adds to the ability to overcome the challenges that the game presents. If the game is going to have a massive spike then I may be surprised, but based on what I have seen, everything appears to be fair and progression is obtainable.

All things considered though, this game for me is a masterpiece and I am blown away so far. For sure my GOTY at this time and I don't even know if it is close.

TLDR: Please do not let the difficulty of this game scare you off, as long as you understand what you are getting in to! Game is tough, but doable!”