Returnal (PS5/PC) (April 30th, Housemarque) - OT

Daps
You get what you pay for and if you don’t wanna pay the price wait a few months and pay what you think it deserves like an Ubi or activision game. There are people here who, without a second thought paid 60 dollars + tax for Watchdogs and look at it now, they can’t even give that game away.

I feel way more confident spending an extra 10 dollars on a PS5 game than I do a 60 dollar remake of Links Awakening (which i bought at full price) and this new Skyward Sword remake for 60 dollars. If you really feeling fleeced than i hope you keep that same energy for the low effort shyt Nintendo’s been piling on us all gen.
I'm against being a sucker for these companies' corporate greed. It does nothing good for us. The only thing it leads to is hubris and being treated progressively shyttier and shytter as a customer as these companies continue to try you. Like I said that R&C had next gen gameplay in the latest trailer. The scene where Rivet was riding on that bug looked like a Pixar movie scene. The animations and scope of the scene were incredible. I expect gameplay to be taken to another level because of the technology available now. That would make it easier paying an extra 10...and tax:francis: It can't just be prettier graphics. The technology needs to be taken advantage of and these developers need to take advantage of their creativity because their complaints of restrictions and bottlenecks have been addressed. Returnal is pretty but does it have next gen gameplay? Potentially with how the world changes, the random map generation, and the other details they've shared. I'm sure once the full reviews come out it will be between 85-90+ on metacritic. People are saying GOTY. :ehh: If Ragnarok is 1st half 2022, I really wish Horizon was PS5 only. Not going to look as forward to Horizon after playing PS5 only Returnal, R&C, and Demon's Souls while waiting for the heavy hitters in 2022

Last edited:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Probably just going to watch people play before I think about buying. Early on doesn’t seem to be my type of game... reminds of some shyt like Halo or something.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Really tempted to get this
I'm not for 70 for games whatever call me broke boy idc
Soon every shytty or mediocre game will be 70
They paying 100 for this in Canada :mjlol:
Once that is established they will continue to try and prod and experiment to see how much higher they can go
Of course the fanboys will eat it up
That being said, I have no problem paying 70 because I can afford it easily
The issue is every time I'm about to pull the trigger, I just can't help but feel like a sucker
I'm not trying to feed into the corporate greed agenda of these companies
I remember EA trying to come out with that 70 a game bullshyt for their shytty ass generic games a couple years back
There was a huge push back by customers
They respond with what we put up with
However, after seeing the next gen gameplay from R&C, 70 has become tempting
I expect all of Sony's PS5 only games to have next game gameplay and the amazing graphics we saw
If I start seeing that, I might start buying these games for 70
Unfortunately, they tax me so it will be 70 + tax digitally :francis:...
I am eager to play a fresh new PS5 only game
Tired of these cross gen games and remakes

lol...good luck with your endeavors bruh cause you bout to be on the hill fighting this battle all by yourself :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'm against being a sucker for these companies' corporate greed. It does nothing good for us. The only thing it leads to is hubris and being treated progressively shyttier and shytter as a customer as these companies continue to try you. Like I said that R&C had next gen gameplay in the latest trailer. The scene where Rivet was riding on that bug looked like a Pixar movie scene. The animations and scope of the scene were incredible. I expect gameplay to be taken to another level because of the technology available now. That would make it easier paying an extra 10...and tax:francis: It can't just be prettier graphics. The technology needs to be taken advantage of and these developers need to take advantage of their creativity because their complaints of restrictions and bottlenecks have been addressed. Returnal is pretty but does it have next gen gameplay? Potentially with how the world changes, the random map generation, and the other details they've shared. I'm sure once the full reviews come out it will be between 85-90+ on metacritic. People are saying GOTY. :ehh: If Ragnarok is 1st half 2022, I really wish Horizon was PS5 only. Not going to look as forward to Horizon after playing PS5 only Returnal, R&C, and Demon's Souls while waiting for the heavy hitters in 2022

Yeah, i mean.. different things just simply carry different value depending on what you deem to be a priority. If a game looks nice, good sound, good story, gives me a lot of play time/replayability, uses the PS5 hardware effectively, thats worthy of my time and money. I wouldn’t have paid 70 dollars for Destruction all Stars, because I don’t feel like it met the criteria. Despite something being highly rated doesn’t necessarily mean its worth full value to you. There are a lot of games out here with ratings in the high 80’s and 90’s I’m just not interested in, and wouldn’t even play if they were free. So I get it.

To me, if a game isn’t worth spending 20-40 bucks on, it’s probably just not worth my time at all at this point. Thats how i felt with avengers, watchdogs, assassins creed, fenyx rising, mario 3d world...etc if I don’t feel like something is worth the price it just isn’t and there’s no rationalizing it. Every company is out to make money its up to you to decide if its worthy of yours. :yeshrug:

I feel like sometimes on here people let hype and high metacritic ratings determine whether or not they should try a game. Just because something is getting gassed don’t mean you’re obligated to go out and buy it.

Daps
Yeah, i mean.. different things just simply carry different value depending on what you deem to be a priority. If a game looks nice, good sound, good story, gives me a lot of play time/replayability, uses the PS5 hardware effectively, thats worthy of my time and money. I wouldn’t have paid 70 dollars for Destruction all Stars, because I don’t feel like it met the criteria. Despite something being highly rated doesn’t necessarily mean its worth full value to you. There are a lot of games out here with ratings in the high 80’s and 90’s I’m just not interested in, and wouldn’t even play if they were free. So I get it.

To me, if a game isn’t worth spending 20-40 bucks on, it’s probably just not worth my time at all at this point. Thats how i felt with avengers, watchdogs, assassins creed, fenyx rising, mario 3d world...etc if I don’t feel like something is worth the price it just isn’t and there’s no rationalizing it. Every company is out to make money its up to you to decide if its worthy of yours. :yeshrug:
Sony pricing Destruction All Stars 70 in the first place proves this all for extra money
Godfall ain't worth 70 either. Yet it's priced at 70. Anyone who has a problem with this has the right to
Sony smartened up and made Destruction All Stars PS+
Yes you stated the obvious every company is out to make money but that doesn't remove the fact you still have rights and dignity as a customer :mjlol:
That's why we got Rockstar milking the shyt out of GTA for multiple generations :mjlol:
You can't just accept everything a company does and eat up their PR talk as if you don't know it's bullshyt
These companies are out to make extra money this gen that's all

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You can't just accept everything a company does and eat up their PR talk as if you don't know it's bullshyt
These companies are out to make extra money this gen that's all

Sony pricing Destruction All Stars 70 in the first place proves this all for extra money

source.gif

Thats not a secret lol

If you read the earnings report they estimated that game profits were gonna drop due to the rising cost of producing them next quarter. They obviously are trying to make up the difference, the 10 dollars in all likely hood isn’t even gonna make a dent in the gap.

If you feel like you’re getting jerked on game prices, simply wait for sales. I don’t feel like I am, I bought a PS5 for their games and i knew they were gonna increase in price. I’m fine if it means their 1st party games don’t contain mtx

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
these nikkaz would be breaking their controllers in the NES/SNES/GENESIS era. :mjlol:

That restart the level struggle was real. ADD gamers :scust:

There were far more games I didn’t beat on nes-through snes/sega era than i did beat. I feel like it was really rare for me to beat a game growing up until memory cards became a thing. These games I played 100x’s times and never saw an ending for.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
I don't know man. I really don't have time to be repeating whole levels and shyt and I'm lowkey disappointed. I tried to play Demon's Soul and quit for this very reason. May try to pick that back up and maybe it will click.

:francis:

:francis: For real breh, that’s the only thing that’s preventing me from really copping this day 1

a breh be busy. I wish we could pick up where we left of :francis:

but on the flip side. One of the first real ps5 games :wow: