Returnal (PS5/PC) (April 30th, Housemarque) - OT

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
They definitely designed this game to troll you.

When I first made it to Biome 3 last year, I got all the way to Nemesis and got him to like 40% health. After I died, it was ridiculously hard just to get to the tower, and then even harder to get through the tower lol.

I thought maybe it was because I was going directly there instead of going through Biome 2 too. And then I noticed I was geting to Nemesis but I wouldnt have enough to beat him in terms of max health, med kits, and weapon level.

Its not just the being well equipped from beating all of the Biomes, the difficulty variability in rooms adjusts according to how many shortcuts you take, and they make sure your first run would be the easiest run, and then curve the difficulty to make subsequent runs harder and harder, until it reverses back to easy eventually.

BlackStarryKnight

Pro
Supporter
Daps
They definitely designed this game to troll you.

When I first made it to Biome 3 last year, I got all the way to Nemesis and got him to like 40% health. After I died, it was ridiculously hard just to get to the tower, and then even harder to get through the tower lol.

I thought maybe it was because I was going directly there instead of going through Biome 2 too. And then I noticed I was geting to Nemesis but I wouldnt have enough to beat him in terms of max health, med kits, and weapon level.

Its not just the being well equipped from beating all of the Biomes, the difficulty variability in rooms adjusts according to how many shortcuts you take, and they make sure your first run would be the easiest run, and then curve the difficulty to make subsequent runs harder and harder, until it reverses back to easy eventually.
Yeah I get that feeling when I’m on a really good run like I need to get it done now or I won’t make it back

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Basically you could go back to your ship and rest an infinite amount of times, so people would basically clear the whole first zone without looting anything, then heal up back at the ship as many times they need to get back to full health, and then loot everything at once when theyre at full health, so everything they pick up goes towards maximum health instead of healing you and you dont waste any consumables.

You could easily double your health bar and stock up on med kits doing this, and have a huge head start for whatever next zone you go to.

I forgot we didnt have rest mode back at launch too, so thats another (very cheap) way to make the game is much easier today, because you could save your progress to the cloud and reload it whenever you die, but thats if you really wanted to cheat your way through the game.

:lupe:

BlackStarryKnight

Pro
Supporter
Daps
All I have left to do is the audio logs, idk if I will.
I should have had proficiency 30 but was robbed so many times by running out of enemies:unimpressed:
I tried killing those squid things in biome 6 repeatedly before killing the hive thing but I swear it stops your progress :martin:
The peak of the game for me was Nemesis. Everything after felt much easier maybe because of how much better you become from getting that far. Act 3 was pointless but I liked the gameplay so it was cool.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
I have to take a break game too addicting

I made it past the first boss I used a astronaut and I had a parasite to revise me

I end up dying towards the second biome towards the end I fell in a hole da fukk :smh:

I remember one part I’m lucky I beat first biome because it took me a couple minutes in the fight to figure out I had to shoot this green orb to drop their shields :russ:

It would have been easier if I used my consumable :snoop: forgot I had it

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is one of my favorite PS5 games. I copped on the release day. What happened to the new mission and co-op that you can play with your friends?. @Gizmo_Duck

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
I'm back :shaq:

I'm still having fun in the Tower of Sisyphus my high score is 3.5 million but I can do better.

The Spitmaw is fukking deadly at the right level, I hardly used it until now.

BlackStarryKnight

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Next boss is much easier imo. The zone is pretty easy too.
You think? The 2nd boss washed me a couple times. I one shotted phrike, nemesis, piano man and the last boss.

Best Phrike first time.. Died twice and had to rely on an astronaut figurine and a parasite to bring me back. But a win is a win :ohlawd:
Same :lolbron: Trophies popping up everywhere

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
I just beat act 1

Where is all my guns :damn:

Nemesis was easy I had that holigrove it had some perk where a purple turret would come out and shoot enemies

So now I start over in the ruins

Game got me losing sleep

I still don’t trust suspending cycles

When I got to the third boss nemesis I was caked up because when I died I would do all the levels and just skip the bosses it took me forever but I was ready