Returnal (PS5/PC) (April 30th, Housemarque) - OT

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
All right so I should try and beat the boss with as much upgrades as possible since they will carry over? Why when I die, I lose it all? I noticed the traits stay

I don't want to spoil it but each biome has a permanent equipment upgrade that can be used if you die and have to start over. There are new weapons the further you make it and once you get them the first time, they can show up in the 1st biome from then on. A good strategy is to clear the whole first level and don't move onto the 2nd until you've gone in all the rooms of the first. You just want to be as prepared as possible.

BlackStarryKnight

Pro
Supporter
Daps
I don't want to spoil it but each biome has a permanent equipment upgrade that can be used if you die and have to start over. There are new weapons the further you make it and once you get them the first time, they can show up in the 1st biome from then on. A good strategy is to clear the whole first level and don't move onto the 2nd until you've gone in all the rooms of the first. You just want to be as prepared as possible.
I got the red blade of truth. Haven’t used it in combat just doors. So I beat Phrike my first try BUT I did die and somehow got a second wind and trophy for it? Is it just them throwing a bone on the first boss? To be fair tho I might not have died if I beefed my health up. I had a level 3 carbine which I like to use the most.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
I got the red blade of truth. Haven’t used it in combat just doors. So I beat Phrike my first try BUT I did die and somehow got a second wind and trophy for it? Is it just them throwing a bone on the first boss? To be fair tho I might not have died if I beefed my health up. I had a level 3 carbine which I like to use the most.

If you came back you had an astronaut artifact that revives you on the spot. You can pay 5 ether to get a revive if you find the reconstructor room.

Getting your health up is key early on you have to risk certain rooms just to get health increases sometimes. Thats why I farmed the first biome to make deep runs. Game is tough but fair.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Ether is a currency that stays with you after you die too.

Try to keep enough at all times that you can scoop up an astronaut when it's on sale.

BlackStarryKnight

Pro
Supporter
Daps
If you came back you had an astronaut artifact that revives you on the spot. You can pay 5 ether to get a revive if you find the reconstructor room.

Getting your health up is key early on you have to risk certain rooms just to get health increases sometimes. Thats why I farmed the first biome to make deep runs. Game is tough but fair.
I must have had one. I was just going to the fabricate things and pressing triangle and now I’m understanding the different pickups. Yeah I see some health floating on lava and under water sometimes.

BlackStarryKnight

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Biome 3
Ef0LEom.png

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Should I go with a carbine or a thermogenic launcher? The acid lobbing gun was working for me but can’t find another

Idk i was struuuuggling to get through this game when it first came out. I eventually got the electropylon driver and it made the game so much easier. I honestly think people who flew through the game got it as a deluxe version bonus or something. It’s so OP

Other than that it was the Carbine for me, i can’t used to the fire rate of the lobber

BlackStarryKnight

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Idk i was struuuuggling to get through this game when it first came out. I eventually got the electropylon driver and it made the game so much easier. I honestly think people who flew through the game got it as a deluxe version bonus or something. It’s so OP

Other than that it was the Carbine for me, i can’t used to the fire rate of the lobber
That would be nice man lol I just get tired of getting my weight up again each time I die tho sometimes I crave the grind. I don’t mind fighting a boss over and over til I win but every time I touch back down in biome 1 I swear I’ll delete this shyt :francis: shout out all you elite gamers who dusted this off like water off your back:wow: wish I was here at launch

BlackStarryKnight

Pro
Supporter
Daps
if yall ever want a really dope breakdown of the story

This shyt made it one of the more interesting stories in gaming for me. I really hope they get these writers again for their new IP

I beat act 2 last night. Underwater boss mad underwhelming, I blew like half my health before I realized I wasn’t doing damage and to destroy the orbs and still didn’t die :mjlol: I probably struggled the most on the flying boss to be honest. Biome 5 and 6 were pretty hard tho.
I didn’t follow the story too well, I’ll do act 3 I guess and watch this