)))RETRO: Da 504 Boyz f/ Mac & Magic - Wobble Wobble(((

We Ready

The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Still remember P dissing Mystikal back on Back Up Off me. Possibly P's hardest song ever.

"i be whippin nikkaz ass like I'm cooking greasy chicken"

:guccilaugh:

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
They had future stars ready but the production team changed for the worse and the they fell apart.

Still had Krazy, Soulja Slim, lil Romeo, Curren$y, Mia X, Silkk, MAC, Mr.Magic, Fiend.

The new production team was terrible.

Krazy also lost all the momenum the was building in the late 90s. MAC got locked and Mia x faded...

Fiend disappeared and reappeared 10 years later with Curren$y and still drops decent music.

3 critical factors contributed to their demise.

i think the main problem is, a bunch of soldiers went AWOL for one reason or another and alot of them were the backbones of the company.

the new production team was good. not as good as beats by the pound, but at the same time, BBTP were already getting stale by that point. you werent feeling the new production squad? c-los was in BBTP.

mia x didnt fade. her parents died back-to-back. somewhat similar to what took ginuwine out the game.

nah. fiend was around. remember he had the stint with ruff ryders, did the headbussaz album with paul & juicy, and he put out some indie stuff. he dissappeared but he wasnt gone THAT long.

10:31

Superstar
Daps
i think the main problem is, a bunch of soldiers went AWOL for one reason or another and alot of them were the backbones of the company.

the new production team was good. not as good as beats by the pound, but at the same time, BBTP were already getting stale by that point. you werent feeling the new production squad? c-los was in BBTP.

mia x didnt fade. her parents died back-to-back. somewhat similar to what took ginuwine out the game.

nah. fiend was around. remember he had the stint with ruff ryders, did the headbussaz album with paul & juicy, and he put out some indie stuff. he dissappeared but he wasnt gone THAT long.

I feel you

They had a great run and a great team. P will always be one of Hip Hop's icons in my book.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
I feel you

They had a great run and a great team. P will always be one of Hip Hop's icons in my book.

yea i think the loss of people like fiend, mac, mia x, kane & abel, serv-on, etc. was a big blow. gotta throw in my man big ed too. plus soulja slim was locked up.

the artists were just as much the backbone as BBTP. its like when wcw lost benoit, malenko, guererro, saturn, jericho, etc to the wwf. those guys were main cogs in wcw's backbone. coincidentally, no limit was down with wcw around that time.:laugh:

Superstar
Daps
yea i think the loss of people like fiend, mac, mia x, kane & abel, serv-on, etc. was a big blow. gotta throw in my man big ed too. plus soulja slim was locked up.

the artists were just as much the backbone as BBTP. its like when wcw lost benoit, malenko, guererro, saturn, jericho, etc to the wwf. those guys were main cogs in wcw's backbone. coincidentally, no limit was down with wcw around that time.:laugh:

:wow:

Superstar
Daps
Only other artist who put this many people on from the south

Is Radric Davis himself who stated time and time again one of his main influences was Percy Miller

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
Seriously it was a combination of three factors

Beats by the pound leaving
C murder going to jail
Mystikal leaving

They had future stars ready but the production team changed for the worse and the they fell apart.

Still had Krazy, Soulja Slim, lil Romeo, Curren$y, Mia X, Silkk, MAC, Mr.Magic, Fiend.

The new production team was terrible.

C murder still dropped Trapped In Crime and CP3.Com before dropping another crazy album in 2005 (the truest shyt I ever said)

Snoop dropped the last meal and left the label

P was stale after Ghetto Postage.. Duke should've left it alone after Da Last Don

Lil Romeo had his mainstream run from 2001-2004

Silkk waited too long in between My World My Way to drop a straight dud in 04

After C Murder got locked up Soulja slim left. He did drop another album on no limit in 2001 (the streets made me) but it didn't get any promotion. Curren$y also left after C got locked and found a second wind with Ca$hmoney's YMCMB...

Magic dropped white eyes in 03 but left right after its release and linked up with Roy Jones....

Krazy also lost all the momenum the was building in the late 90s. MAC got locked and Mia x faded...

Fiend disappeared and reappeared 10 years later with Curren$y and still drops decent music.

3 critical factors contributed to their demise.

P never cared for artist developing their fanbases...

He would rather drop 20 albums than drop 6

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
Ghetto postage is extremely underrated :mjcry:
Yeap after game face it was a rap for me even though the new no limit in 2003 had some nice shyt choppa style, the 504 boys ballers was dope
To keep it real the production was still dope until they completely fell off

i never heard "ghetto postage". how good is it?

once rappers release their so-called retirement album, or in P's case, his last solo record, i kinda disregard everything they do afterwards. i copped "only God can judge me" years later and it was trash.

i'll say this tho. that mid-00s era when P was re-inspired by jeezy........man that was a renaissance. that ghetto bill album was tough. and he was droppin other heat during that time as well. i think he had afficial writing alot of that tho. the group he had from southwest philly. they stayed down with him for YEARS - since around when wobble wobble was out. so you know what thats about.

Last edited: