OHSNAP!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was one of the nl albums that had the dopest singles

Whodi and wobble wobble were dope

But it def was the beginning of the end

Agreed. Irc even D-Game (feat Pusha T, prod.by Neptunes) was released as a single, no video tho

Whodi was my shyt back then, dat brutal bass

10:31

Superstar
Daps
i think no limit's downfalls were:

a.) master p's growing lack of interest in the music.
b.) no limit not being in the business of creating stars. there shouldve been different people at the forefront of the label by this point.

Seriously it was a combination of three factors

Beats by the pound leaving
C murder going to jail
Mystikal leaving

They had future stars ready but the production team changed for the worse and the they fell apart.

Still had Krazy, Soulja Slim, lil Romeo, Curren$y, Mia X, Silkk, MAC, Mr.Magic, Fiend.

The new production team was terrible.

C murder still dropped Trapped In Crime and CP3.Com before dropping another crazy album in 2005 (the truest shyt I ever said)

Snoop dropped the last meal and left the label

P was stale after Ghetto Postage.. Duke should've left it alone after Da Last Don

Lil Romeo had his mainstream run from 2001-2004

Silkk waited too long in between My World My Way to drop a straight dud in 04

After C Murder got locked up Soulja slim left. He did drop another album on no limit in 2001 (the streets made me) but it didn't get any promotion. Curren$y also left after C got locked and found a second wind with Ca$hmoney's YMCMB...

Magic dropped white eyes in 03 but left right after its release and linked up with Roy Jones....

Krazy also lost all the momenum the was building in the late 90s. MAC got locked and Mia x faded...

Fiend disappeared and reappeared 10 years later with Curren$y and still drops decent music.

3 critical factors contributed to their demise.

Last edited:

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
i think no limit's downfalls were:

a.) master p's growing lack of interest in the music.
b.) no limit not being in the business of creating stars. there shouldve been different people at the forefront of the label by this point.
I was kinda thinking bout that today. It seemed like they were about to push Mac but dude was locked up. Wobble Wobble was jumped off by Mac. I Can Tell was a Mac song. Silkk's first single for My World...was jumped off by Mac. He was getting on soundtracks; did a joint with Nas..he just got caught up at the wrong time. :wow:

isaak hoover

hip hop since 88
Daps
Reppin
OAKLAND
I may in the minority but the production team that came after bbtp was really good & they still put out some classic music around that time

Trapped in crime, krazy breeder life, mac ww3, p only god can judge me even silk magic, soulja slim & the 504 boys albums was dope.

Cash money had took over by that time I was the only nikka still bumping no limit. Me & my nikkas used to get into arguments over that no limit vs cash money shyt.

I still was fukking with no limit heavy even bought the nikka Mr marcelo album & c murder CP3.COM album After that gametime album came out I had to give up on the good fight it was over:mjcry:

The no limit & old cash money era was timeless

10:31

Superstar
Daps
I may in the minority but the production team that came after bbtp was really good & they still put out some classic music around that time

Trapped in crime, krazy breeder life, mac ww3, p only god can judge me even silk magic, soulja slim & the 504 boys albums was dope.

Cash money had took over by that time I was the only nikka still bumping no limit. Me & my nikkas used to get into arguments over that no limit vs cash money shyt.

I still was fukking with no limit heavy even bought the nikka Mr marcelo album & c murder CP3.COM album After that gametime album came out I had to give up on the good fight it was over:mjcry:

The no limit & old cash money era was timeless

It just felt different...

It all felt different after

C got locked
Mystikal left

Ps music hasn't felt the same since Ghetto Postage.. I wouldn't dare pickup Game Face or any of that trash he dropped after...

They had a historic run. P made it interesting with Good Side/Bad Side but when you drop classic like

I'm bout it soundtrack

I got the hook up soundtrack

Mr. ice cream man

Ghetto D

Da Last Don

I can't even bring myself to respect Good side or Game Face..

That fall off was sad..

wild100sboy

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
Southside, Chicago
I was kinda thinking bout that today. It seemed like they were about to push Mac but dude was locked up. Wobble Wobble was jumped off by Mac. I Can Tell was a Mac song. Silkk's first single for My World...was jumped off by Mac. He was getting on soundtracks; did a joint with Nas..he just got caught up at the wrong time. :wow:
i read somewhere that def jam was looking at mac before p scooped him up :leon:

isaak hoover

hip hop since 88
Daps
Reppin
OAKLAND
It just felt different...

It all felt different after

C got locked
Mystikal left

Ps music hasn't felt the same since Ghetto Postage.. I wouldn't dare pickup Game Face or any of that trash he dropped after...

They had a historic run. P made it interesting with Good Side/Bad Side but when you drop classic like

I'm bout it soundtrack

I got the hook up soundtrack

Mr. ice cream man

Ghetto D

Da Last Don

I can't even bring myself to respect Good side or Game Face..

That fall off was sad..

Ghetto postage is extremely underrated :mjcry:

Yeap after game face it was a rap for me even though the new no limit in 2003 had some nice shyt choppa style, the 504 boys ballers was dope

To keep it real the production was still dope until they completely fell off

isaak hoover

hip hop since 88
Daps
Reppin
OAKLAND
i read somewhere that def jam was looking at mac before p scooped him up :leon:

Word???:ooh:

Mac had the potential to be one of the southern greats.

WW3 is low key one of the best albums no limit ever put out.

Dam that album should've had better promotion like be for & Its cool would've been dope singles

Genecide lockdown nikkas on the run:whew: classic material

That was the first album the new production team produced & wasn't a drop off at all they produced a classic low key, :banderas:

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas

yup.

but then again, i thought they were about to give fiend a big push too in '99, but that didnt happen.

in hindsight, if there wasnt "guerrilla warfare", no limit wouldve been neck-n-neck with cash money in '99 in terms of quality.