)))RETRO: Da 504 Boyz f/ Mac & Magic - Wobble Wobble(((

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The whole Goodfellas album was a mess especially as a No Limit fan. As a fan, I'd heard a lot of those songs on previous albums. "I Can Tell" (which should've been a single) was from Mercedes' Rear End album. "Say Bruh" was from Master P's Only God Can Judge Me. "No Limit" was from Magic's Thuggin'. "Beefin" was from Mac's World War III. Of course, "Wobble, "Wobble" was a remix of Magic's song. There was "Thug Girl II" which was an obvious re-mix of the og.

Mystikal was only on like three songs. There's songs that didn't even feature Master P or Silkk. There was no Beats By The Pound aside from Carlos Stephens who then had his own production company. They added members.

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
The whole Goodfellas album was a mess especially as a No Limit fan. As a fan, I'd heard a lot of those songs on previous albums. "I Can Tell" (which should've been a single) was from Mercedes' Rear End album. "Say Bruh" was from Master P's Only God Can Judge Me. "No Limit" was from Magic's Thuggin'. "Beefin" was from Mac's World War III. Of course, "Wobble, "Wobble" was a remix of Magic's song. There was "Thug Girl II" which was an obvious re-mix of the og.

Mystikal was only on like three songs. There's songs that didn't even feature Master P or Silkk. There was no Beats By The Pound aside from Carlos Stephens who then had his own production company. They added members.
yeah, this was the album that killed NoLimit for me, especially with Cash Money dropping nothing but piff around the same time. I'm like word?, y'all on some wobbledy wobbldey, hot boy, whodi shyt all of a sudden :francis:

i know this supposed to be an appreciation thread but as a nolimit stan, this whole era of nolimit breaks my heart :sadcam:

10:31

Superstar
Daps
yeah, this was the album that killed NoLimit for me, especially with Cash Money dropping nothing but piff around the same time. I'm like word?, y'all on some wobbledy wobbldey, hot boy, whodi shyt all of a sudden :francis:

i know this supposed to be an appreciation thread but as a nolimit stan, this whole era of nolimit breaks my heart :sadcam:

Was the beginning of the downfall

But on the real the album was hard it just so happens that if you were a real fan you knew it was pasted and not original

After My World My WayIt was a wrap..

Lil Romeo put the tank on his back lol

P made it interesting going gold in 2004 with Good Side/Bad Side but it was never the same after 01

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
looked like he was digitally pasted into the video.

why exactly did mystikal leave tho? both parties were always tight-lipped about it. was it lack of promotion or money?
I cant remember for the life of me where I read this, but apparently Mystikal was never technically signed to Nolimit. He was on Jive. Nolimit was more of a marketing/promotion situation ala Game and G-unit or Slim Thug and Star Trek where they slap the logo on there for affiliation purposes.. Jive wanted to take him in a new direction once Nolimit's deal with Priority was up and he ended up blowing up because of it. But like I said, i cant remember where I got that from and Im hazy on it. Could be bullshyt.

The rumor at the time was him and C-murder wasn't getting alone and it got outta hand. C starting dissing him after left.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
I cant remember for the life of me where I read this, but apparently Mystikal was never technically signed to Nolimit. He was on Jive. Nolimit was more of a marketing/promotion situation ala Game and G-unit or Slim Thug and Star Trek where they slap the logo on there for affiliation purposes.. Jive wanted to take him in a new direction once Nolimit's deal with Priority was up and he ended up blowing up because of it. But like I said, i cant remember where I got that from and Im hazy on it. Could be bullshyt.

The rumor at the time was him and C-murder wasn't getting alone and it got outta hand. C starting dissing him after left.

im pretty sure he signed a deal. i may be wrong tho.

i remember his on-screen explanation being that jive was ready for him. that and he couldnt do everything he wanted to do musically while in a crew. he did in fact go back to doing alot of the cartoony stuff he used to do before he got with no limit. "shake it fast" & "danger" probably wouldnt exist on no limit.

i recall the rumor that him & c-murder got into it over monica, but i always brushed that off.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
Was the beginning of the downfall

But on the real the album was hard it just so happens that if you were a real fan you knew it was pasted and not original

After My World My WayIt was a wrap..

Lil Romeo put the tank on his back lol

P made it interesting going gold in 2004 with Good Side/Bad Side but it was never the same after 01

yea this album was a banger. it wouldve been even better if they shaved off the filler.

im not mad at the re-releasing of songs from under-promoted albums. why waste a hit?

for me, the grand finale for no limit was "he did that". mac killed it. silkk rehashing his favorite layzie bone line with perfection as usual. classic track. RAW CHIT that stayed on 106th & park's countdown until silkk dropped the "thats cool" videos, which were huge but i hated them chits.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mystikal leaving No Limit had several factors involved. The biggest factor was the absence of Beats By The Pound. KLC was a huge reason why Mystikal got with No Limit in the first place. He was the reason that a lot of the artists signed with No Limit as well as why they left when he left. When Mystikal came out with Let's Get Ready, Beats By The Pound were all over it. A lot of the artists that left No Limit didn't want to work with P's new producers.

The C-Murder vs. Mystikal thing was after Mystikal bounced. Mystikal did that record with Juvenile called "Settle The Score" on his Tarantula album. Mystikal said that he carried the label (No Limit) on that song. Of course, C-Murder took offense to that and recorded "Bet Ya", which was a hidden song on a Tru Records compilation he released.

The Jive thing was always a part of the No Limit deal. Mystikal was even throwing shots at them on his No Limit releases. Mystikal was already headed in a different direction while he was signed with No Limit. He'd done "Neck Of The Woods" with Kast. He was also working with The Neptunes. "Jump" was one of the earlier Neptunes produced Mystikal songs. No Limit was working with The Neptunes around that time as well. The Neptunes produced "D-Game" on the 504 Boyz album. Pharrell has vocals on it and Pusha T is featured (as Terror).

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
[QUOTE="JustCKing, post: 13585216, member: 4113He was also working with The Neptunes. "Jump" was one of the earlier Neptunes produced Mystikal songs. No Limit was working with The Neptunes around that time as well. The Neptunes produced "D-Game" on the 504 Boyz album. Pharrell has vocals on it and Pusha T is featured (as Terror).[/QUOTE]

yep. this was my introduction to the clipse.

they almost signed to no limit.