Restaurant Steak 48 charging a $100 minimum per head

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
that is standard tbh when going to high end places most of them dont even serve your regular cocktails any high end place you are looking at 10 minimum for a cocktail
i know its standard ...doesnt mean ima pay it. would much rather invite a bytch to my crib after so i can make us some real cocktails for a 5th of the price

if i'm treating a girl on a date, its one drink max at the restaurant if they are that expensive. and i really dont care if that makes me cheap

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
a lot of yall in here on the "i don't pay $x for this...i can buy it at the store/cook it myself...food aint worth $x" shyt but sitting here mad at this minimum when you wouldn't be eating here anyway with all your various caps on how much you'd spend for food :mjlol:

if you don't think food is worth 80-100/person, you wasn't about to go to a restaurant where a baked potato is $12 alone :camby:

luckily there are restaurants for all budgetary preferences :ld:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Hey, what do you mean when you say you pay for the atmosphere?

You’re paying for the nice decor, service and ambience. There’s a reason why for big events (graduations, anniversaries etc) people go to Ruth Chris over Outback. It’s a nice experience.

I mean it seems like people enjoy the decor at Steak48 hence people going there to fake flex and stunt.

lol at paying $15 for a drink

Ehhh...idk where you live but I was in Baltimore meeting up with friends and even a regular degular bar is serving mixed drinks for like $12-$13. In DC most drinks are going for $15+. In Manhattan, decent spots are going for $18+ if not even $20+.

Is it overpriced? 100% but that’s the game. If I don’t wanna pay that I’ll look for HH deal or go to a BYOB spot or do something at home.

“Cut your coat according to your cloth”.

I don’t have the money to eat at a place like Ruth Chris on a regular, but my uncle who’s in finance can drop $600 eating out every other week at top restaurants without blinking.

It is what it is.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Man do people not realize you dont have to go to an upscale steakhouse just to eat good food???:pachaha: there's a dallas BBQ's that PACKED constantly before the pandemic and is still PACKED now when it opened back up and their food is legit great especially the honey fried bbq chicken...:ohlawd:

the-large-order-of-sticky.jpg

:mjcry: the goat...
Where's this at in Dallas?

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
stop it, there is a lot of mexican food beyond that. and there is upscale mexican tho, especially if they lean toward seafood or high-end beef in their dishes.

californios in SF gonna run you 200+/head
:pachaha:
In that Italian food thread folks was waxing poetic about fukking Italy and seafood when Mexico is a much larger penisula and with many diverse climates and resulting cuisines. Them mariscos breh

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
:unimpressed:

Gibson's in Chicago you can get cocktails for $14-$15

https://www.gibsonssteakhouse.com/wp-content/uploads/gibchi-beverage.pdf

Bavette's you can get shyt for $13-14

http://bavettessteakhouse.com/wp-content/uploads/BBB-CocktailWBTG-MobileMenu-05-26-21.pdf

I was in Philly last week, at Alpen Rose you can get cocktails for $15.

Alpen Rose - A Michael Schulson Steakhouse

Of course you can get shyt much more expensive, all I'm saying is that at most places, 2 rounds of cocktails for 2 people will by itself get you to at least $60.
My fault, I quoted the wrong poster.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
i know its standard ...doesnt mean ima pay it. would much rather invite a bytch to my crib after so i can make us some real cocktails for a 5th of the price

if i'm treating a girl on a date, its one drink max at the restaurant if they are that expensive. and i really dont care if that makes me cheap

Omg..lol

oh my fuhking gawd

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
you never heard of Dallas BBQ's?!?:pachaha: its a franchise chain....

I do not know if they actually have one in actual Dallas..:mjgrin:
Oh ok. I actually live in Dallas metroplex. I was wondering if there was some BBQ spot down here that had some banging wings I didn't know about.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
DC

Bro, Toronto is a fly ass city. Im shocked you would say 15.00 is too much for a drink.
In Toronto the price of drinks definitely gets that high. Most women i mess with are smart or respectful enough to follow my lead when it comes to ordering drinks. If i only get one drink, it’s extremely rare a woman will ask for a second if I haven’t. In fact, most just ask for water until i insist they should buy a drink. And more often than not ill expense that shyt at work anyway

im not paying 15 bucks for a drink when i can pay that much and grab a whole bottle

food is a diff story. Drinks? Nah
Im diff though

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
And i still get tons of buns
You doing it wrong breh, i could teach you a thing or two

you cant teach me shyt..lol No offense honestly

you ever been to DC? Ive been to Toronto. see thats the difference right there. lol

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
you cant teach me shyt..lol No offense honestly

you ever been to DC? Ive been to Toronto. see thats the difference right there. lol
:mjlol: I have no desire to be in DC. I live in Toronto and you live in DC...THATS the difference.