Resident Evil VIIIage -OT- Full VR Update 2/22

Deucage

"Who's the best: Pac, Nas and Big?"
Daps
Reppin
Th...th...th..th...th...The Coli.com
I like the old RE games and all that, but besides 2, let’s not pretend like the OG RE games didn’t get more action oriented during the final quarter of the game as well. A lot of people don’t like admitting it, but RE has been on the action side since RE3. :yeshrug:
At least the gameplay introduced in 4 made those sequences work & more bearable. :yeshrug:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I like the old RE games and all that, but besides 2, let’s not pretend like the OG RE games didn’t get more action oriented during the final quarter of the game as well. A lot of people don’t like admitting it, but RE has been on the action side since RE3. :yeshrug:
At least the gameplay introduced in 4 made those sequences work & more bearable. :yeshrug:
i kinda agree
but its not about being more action oriented, its about RE8 being plain silly on some RE6 shyt :mjlol: with controls that are intentionally bad to make you feel inherently limited to manufacture tension - while you fight tanky enemies that are beaten by aggressively running in circles

i kinda like where the story is overall but game was... man i still don't know how they put all this together and thought it was a hit

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

the action ramping up near the end is fine, they need a way to balance out your increased firepower, I just hate how that final area is mostly always some kind of drab boring ass factory, mine or Cave, and it’s made worse on this one because of the first person, @42 Monks is right with the circling..that’s literally every boss fight, slowly moving to the side to dodge the charge attack then firing lol...or opening a conveniently placed opening for cold air lol

first person works a lot more for RE7, not so much here, I usually hate it when people bytch that first person games should be 3rd person but in this case third person would match the setting, enemies, combat a lot More

Last edited:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Just had to make these muthafukkas some werewolves and shyt.

:beli:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
the action ramping up near the end is fine, they need a way to balance out your increased firepower, I just hate how that final area is mostly always some kind of drab boring ass factory, mine or Cave, and it’s made worse on this one because of the first person, @42 Monks is right with the circling..that’s literally every boss fight, slowly moving to the side to dodge the charge attack then firing lol...or opening a conveniently placed opening for cold air lol

first person works a lot more for RE7, not so much here, I usually hate it when people bytch that first person games should be 3rd person but in this case third person would match the setting, enemies, combat a lot More

I beg to differ, that baby and doll part would never work in 3rd person

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
It would if Donna was in the background screaming ":damn:IT'S YOUR BABY!" that would have me terrified :whoa:

Nah i would've had the :unimpressed: face the entire time.

Instead I was scrambling around with the :damn: face because it was in 1st person. Plus I been scared of killer dolls since slappy in goosebumps :whoa: