Republican presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy raps during Iowa state fair and gets no reaction

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Depending on when/if Trump gets dq'd, Desantis will likely get the nomination.
Desantis is not getting the nomination either. I have been saying it since before Desantis even announced that he was running. First of all he is not likeable. Second of all he is anti-business, but the most important reason is that he is a modern day George Wallace. Even Republicans don't like that combination.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Those klan member Republicans ain't voting for no Injun. Hell that Vivek fool ain't running for President anyway. He is actually running for Vice President. He is signaling to Trump that he can be just as lawless as Trump.
Its 2023 and we talking about the Klan? White nationalist organizations have fragmented, but keep the same overarching goal. There's not only Neo-Nazi's, there's 3 Percenters, Bugaloo Boys, Identity Europa, there's think tanks and PAC's like Prager U and The Heritage Foundation.

Look around, white supremacy has clearly evolved. They will partner with people who don't exactly look like them as long as they further a white supremacist agenda. The leader of the proud boys looks like a Dominican nikka. The second most notable spokesperson for Prager U is Candace Owens.

Its important to note white supremacy nowadays is about plausible deniability; the ability to say we're not racist. Vivek is innocuous enough as an Indian who refuses to acknowledge race or racism, comes off sensible enough to middle of the road swing voters, his business background gives traditional Republicans a sense of normalism, AND he tries to blast folks in the same way Trump does so he gets the political nihilists as well.

Last edited:

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Depending on when/if Trump gets dq'd, Desantis will likely get the nomination.
I think Vivek is more likeable than DeSantis. If he keeps himself out there, I think he is going to have a reverse Obama effect on the republican party just like Chris Christie said.

There's a reason EVERYONE in the debate Tuesday attacked him directly and it's because he can appeal to a strange cross-section of right wing voters like none of the other candidates up there can.

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
I think Vivek is more likeable than DeSantis. If he keeps himself out there, I think he is going to have a reverse Obama effect on the republican party just like Chris Christie said.

There's a reason EVERYONE in the debate Tuesday attacked him directly and it's because he can appeal to a strange cross-section of right wing voters like none of the other candidates up there can.
I thought they attacked him because he is low hanging fruit and he sets himself up with ridiculous statements and campaign promises.

I don’t see him getting even 5-10% of the white Alabama republicans vote. I sure couldn’t see white lawmakers like Tuberville and Miss Lindsey Graham stumping for him.

Daps
Model minorities pushing white supremacists' agenda on the political stage. Who would've thunk it :unimpressed:

This is by design and this guy is checking all their boxes. It would probably be in the Republican party's best interest to have him on the ticket but I hope their short sighted racism will block that, as it always has

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I thought they attacked him because he is low hanging fruit and he sets himself up with ridiculous statements and campaign promises.

I don’t see him getting even 5-10% of the white Alabama republicans vote. I sure couldn’t see white lawmakers like Tuberville and Miss Lindsey Graham stumping for him.
You know in 2015, none of this held true for Trump right? Your post is laughable, not you, but the post is because literally everything you just said is what they said about Trump. It shouldn't be reality, but it is.

This is a different country we're in now. Politics have undergone Trumpification. You can say outright untrue, blasphemous shyt and still be electable.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

BREAKING: MAGA candidate Vivek Ramaswamy caves like a coward and cries uncle after legendary rapper Eminem hits him with a cease and desist letter.

This is just plain humiliating.

It all started with Eminem demanding that Ramaswamy — who is the Trumpiest candidate after Trump and a blatant fascist — stop performing his music.

He sent a formal cease and desist letter after Ramaswamy did an embarrassing performance of his hit song "Lose Yourself" in front of a crowd of Republican voters.

During an appearance on MSNBC, Ramaswamy said "I'll respect his wishes" about Eminem's demands.

"But I would just say: ‘Will The Real Slim Shady please stand up?,’" he added, referencing another one of the Detroit rapper's monster hits.

“Eminem and his rise used to be a guy who actually stood up to the establishment and said the things that the establishment didn’t want him to say," he went on. "I think the fact that my political viewpoints may differ from his, I think people change over the course of their lives."

In this context, the word "establishment" means absolutely nothing. Policies are what really matter. Eminem doesn't like Ramaswamy for the same reasons he doesn't like Trump.

The MAGA movement represents corporate interests that deny climate change and exploit workers by keeping wages low. Eminem grew up in a poor Michigan community. He saw firsthand the way in which Republican policies gut the working class to line the pockets of the rich.

Ramaswamy can insist that he opposes the status quo all he wants, all he really wants to do is more deeply entrench the oligarch class. He is a complete and utter fraud