Republican AGs sent intimidating letter to all Fortune-100 companies telling them not to hire too many Black employees

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
What a cry baby bytch. I'm trying to get reparations and other tangibles for Black people. No one's going to ban that stance, you p*ssy.

Same old play book that other agent is using, trying to get people banned lol. You'll be banned way before me.

Ignored, sick and tired of you a$$holes

Cobalt Sire

All Star
Daps
How the fukk is this "toothless"? :dahell:

Like one breh already said, you can be virtually assured that AA in federal contracting is dead in the water already with these three Trump appointees on the Supreme Court. They're just begging for the right case to kill it with. Wouldn't be surprised if it happens next session. Then private corporations will come next.

Because these private companies are already not hiring too many Black people. It's always been the opposite. If we were benefitting from Affirmative Action in the workforce, it escaped me somehow. I've always had to be overqualified to get jobs, but maybe your experience has been different. Not saying that these republicans aren't gunning for us (Black people), but this particular action by them is suggesting that corporations are over hiring Black people, when I haven't seen evidence of that. I could be wrong. I agree that the Republicans are trash and trying to implement harmful policies, I just don't think they're living in reality.

Last edited:

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Where my bothsiders at? Notice there's no smoke for other diversity hires like Fags. All their smoke is being aimed at Black initiatives

I believe most bothsiders, at this point anyway are non blacks.

You have to be a special sort of retarded to be black and still bothsiding on July 14th 2023 of our lord in the United States

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
The letter - sent Thursday to Fortune 100 companies including Apple, Microsoft and Amazon

:stopitslime: Blacks are less than .02% in those companies to begin with

Honestly, I wonder what type of metrics they would even use. These AGs have no idea how these companies make their hires especially when those companies have behavioral interviews to determine if you are a "culture fit". It's not like they hand out scores for system design and coding tests.

Empirically, their challenge should fail but this SCOTUS pretty much does whatever Leo Leonard and the heritage foundation tells them to do.

Cobalt Sire

All Star
Daps
@Rhakim

But companies are hiring too many Black people?

Don't get me wrong, I see the evil intent of the Republicans, I just don't get where they're coming from here.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Most both siders are just lazy minded. Notice their arguments are very general statements. You mention, hey this SPECIFIC company is noticeably racist in very specific ways and the response is "well all companies are racists and so why do you care?". Not even "Well A,B, and C are also racists" which is slightly more specific.

Apathy is easy and throwing out general statements that "feel right" is much easier than to pretend to care about something sincerely. A big weakness a lot of people in our community have is the obsession with projecting a "cool" image, whatever that may be. Apathy and contrarianism for the sake of contrarianism makes certain individuals feel special and feel "Cool". They aren't sheep, they have their own mind, or so they think as often they are simply victims of other types of propaganda that are simply less mainstream but propaganda all the same(i.e. until Tariq and Yvette told them to have beef with Non-ADOS, they didn't care about that shyt). Sincerely caring about something or having strong principles is viewed as try hard, corny, and lame.

A lot more black people in the modern era have a job, reached a certain class level, and have reached levels of wealth that they were literally kept from achieving before. Things can always be better and for black folks it could be a lot better. But because the situation isn't ideal, its like some folks have all but given up hope of things getting better and in fact engage in counter-productive behavior.

A lot of these individuals would be a "Do So"'ers if they were in Trinidad. It was "cool" to do so and it was attractive because it doesn't actually require caring and instead rewarded apathy. The white people who wish to disempower people like this understand their psychology and actively work to use it against them. They probably understand the mind-state of a lot of the people who they wish to oppress more than the people who are being oppressed because it is necessary for them to understand their mind state to manipulate them. The greatest irony, is once again, these individuals tend to be the most convinced they are not victims of propaganda but they tend to be the most propagandized and don't realize it lol.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Seeing Southern whites leading the assault on black livelihood reminds me of a quote between the difference of northern cac racism and southern cac racism.

Southern cacs dont mind being around a person, they just dont want that black person being more successful or make more money than them

Northern cacs dont mind a black person being more successful than them, they just dont want to live around them.

Of course both veneers of racism are terrible.

But there is something really acute about the southern cacs racism that makes them too problematic to coexist with