Republican AGs get Republican judges to block ANOTHER student loan forgiveness program. This one has been in place for 31 years.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Why do Republicans do this? Don't they want young people to be able to get out of debt and be able to contribute to society @Professor Emeritus
shyt, a young person getting a good degree probably don't care about voting as much when life is going decent.

The person struggling to get by because they didn't finish school and land a good job as school is too expensive and life is difficult due to financial problems: that's a person counting on politicians to bail them out. That's who'll vote.

Republicans need people down bad to give them their voter base.

They KNOW they're not going to fix or make anything better when they're elected, because they know they may lose your "outrage" and not vote.

The money isn't in the cure, it's in the disease. That's Republican politics.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
And we have to keep this going for at least the next three election cycles because who's to say that Project 2025 turns into Project 2029 or Project 2033?

But while we try to keep these lunatics out of office, vote for those local elections.

The good thing is that it's going to get easier every year. More and more of those Republican voters are dying every year, country is getting less and less white, and at some point Trump is going to be too dead or decrepit to run. I think either the 2028 or 2032 election is going to be the one where we see a real shift start, so long as Democrats don't fukk it up.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
republicans are literally rewriting what is "fair and legal" and what isnt, and can take it all the way to their supreme court.

cant underestimate the power of who is allowed to appoint judges. We need dems in control

This is what frustrates me about the #bothsides argument. Yes dems aren't perfect, yes it's plenty to criticize them for, but saying they are the same is completely disingenuous.

If this was still 1998 and you described to me what kind of madness would be going on all these years later I would have predicted that 99.9% of Black people would be ten toes down against the Republicans.

What in the fukc happened to us?

Republicans are CLEARLY your enemy and want to take EVERYTHING: but some Black people support them or refuse to fight them. Like, waaaay more than I could have imagined back when the world made sense.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
If this was still 1998 and you described to me what kind of madness would be going on all these years later I would have predicted that 99.9% of Black people would be ten toes down against the Republicans.

What in the fukc happened to us?

Republicans are CLEARLY your enemy and want to take EVERYTHING: but some Black people support them or refuse to fight them. Like, waaaay more than I could have imagined back when the world made sense.

The internet and cable news has made contrarianism much more popular and signal-boosted every conspiracy theory and fringe idea out there, so you can find 20% of the general population to go against logic for pretty much any issue. Especially when the issue is one that has a political party spending billions to signal-boost it everywhere.

It's not just Black folk, it's a consequence of the cable/internet/social media world.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
The only remedy is for Black folks to control state governments.
Or just, you know, prevent a certain party from being in power to select judges who believe this shyt.

I do agree that black people need to take over - and perhaps more importantly, be READY to take over. Specifically in the south. Black people are migrating to the south again, bolstering numbers there. At the same time white republicans are doing everything they can to shred black power and visibility. The VRA is basically dead in the south, allowing multiple southern states to do wild shyt. I'm not sure when black people will have the numbers or local power to take over over even determine who should be in charge if not us. Also seems like a ticking time bomb that's gonna be blamed on us whenever we do get in position and it blows up. Specifically declining tax bases, tax cuts, and increases in the welfare state as state pensions and obesity increase.

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
This is why voting matters. Both sides do it but the judicial activism is crazy. So essentially you can get a different interpretation of the law based on where you file it at and grind the entire process to a halt. The crazy part is that their argument is that it's affecting their tax base. So they're making money off the debt that people are buried under. So they know the program is ineffective and don't like that he's trying to fix it since it affects their bottom line.....#America smh

King Poetic

Black Coast Island
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
Like I continue to say post after post

Always vote democrat not because of the president, but in order to change the supreme court… there’s a couple of old motherfukkers on it like thomas thats close of checking out, we need a democrat in office who will appoint his own one in

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
they do that a lot, I guess its part of the disinfo script.

Play quiet agreement with the main theme of the thread (usual about some tyrannical Republican bullshyt) then sneak in "but the Dems" after about 15-20 posts in an attempt to disfigure what and who the thread is about to begin with
Bagger got these dudes figured out :mjlol: :mjgrin: