Reports Square Enix takes huge financial hit due to Marvel’s Avengers game

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Not surprised at all, hell no one should really be surprised...

played the beta and thought it was meh. My friends played it for two weeks and then dropped it.

Their lucky cyberpunk didn't come out in sep or they woulda really been fukked.

Lotta things they shouldn't have bothered doing with this game. I wonder if they will bother trying to course correct or just shuck deuces after the dlc that's done is pushed out

That’s why. I thought it was funny that people tried to get mad over the spider-man DLC. I knew this game would be trash from the first gameplay trailer yet people thinking spiderman coming to the game in 2021 would be a big deal.

They haven’t released any of their DLC characters yet and already lost the majority of their user base. The game is dead in the water. Eventually developers are gonna get the hint with these GAAS

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps

A lot of these GAAS joints gonna end up costing these greedy companies money.

GOOD.

MFers stole my money.

I passed on the game initially, but early gameplay a week before it released sold me.

What a mistake.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
goof ass companies keep tryna dethrone the gawd Warframe :mjlol:

honestly this game looked like shyt from the jump:manny:

lowkey we need a new Hulk Ultimate Destruction game :wow: i know those devs went on to make Prototype which was also piff but a new Hulk game would do numbers

how u flop with avengers anyways?:dahell:

I was never really a Hulk fan but Ultimate Destruction was one of my all time favorite games as kid:wow:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
That’s why. I thought it was funny that people tried to get mad over the spider-man DLC. I knew this game would be trash from the first gameplay trailer yet people thinking spiderman coming to the game in 2021 would be a big deal.

They haven’t released any of their DLC characters yet and already lost the majority of their user base. The game is dead in the water. Eventually developers are gonna get the hint with these GAAS

I wanna say they can get people to come back... but I can't think of any gaas game that flopped and people came back in any real numbers. Fallout 76 maybe :patrice:

RARI_Godwind

St. BAWGustine - DarkSkxxxn
Daps
Low key glad this shyt blew up in their face. :ehh:

Not for square Enix but for Disney/ Marvel's sake. Ever since MCU has turned into a cash cow, Marvel has neglected alot of their comics material in other forms of media and only focused on the film versions of heroes and as result every game they have dropped during this run has been :trash:

MvC:I :scust:
MUA3 :snoop:
Avengers :pacspit:

I'm glad they never tried a new X-men game, that would just be trash too :hhh:

Spiderman is the only Marvel franchise/hero thats been consistently dope. And ironicly we can thank Sony for that :whew: :blessed:

Crazy thing is, they’ll look at the books and say “this video game sht ain’t workin.”:scust:knowing damn well they don’t know sht about games or the gaming industry. Finna take less chances and be more stingy with licenses.

Worse off the medium won’t even be dead to them, but they’ll just be releasing sht for 6 year olds for ages instead of the piff you and I want to see.

It’s 100% Disney too. Ain’t got no good games.:camby:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I wanna say they can get people to come back... but I can't think of any gaas game that flopped and people came back in any real numbers. Fallout 76 maybe :patrice:
Warframe has flopped a dozen times :dead: Destiny dies every year :dead: Borderlands 3 came and went and came again :dead: no mans sky gets treated like its a good game when it was the biggest scam in the business at release

its part of the process. as long as people keep coming back, its whatever.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Warframe has flopped a dozen times :dead: Destiny dies every year :dead: Borderlands 3 came and went and came again :dead: no mans sky gets treated like its a good game when it was the biggest scam in the business at release

its part of the process. as long as people keep coming back, its whatever.
some of those games ehhhh can't agree

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
That’s ironic as fukk :heh:

how you fukk up a marvel game :wtf:

A Marvel superhero game should not only be easy to make, but it should also print money....I wasn’t really fukking with this game off the rip and the beta was shyt IMO but wtf! Now we not getting another marvel game for a few years and it will be shyt :damn:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
That’s ironic as fukk :heh:

how you fukk up a marvel game :wtf:

A Marvel superhero game should not only be easy to make, but it should also print money....I wasn’t really fukking with this game off the rip and the beta was shyt IMO but wtf! Now we not getting another marvel game for a few years and it will be shyt :damn:

When you gotta program for 6 completely different super abilities it’s guaranteed to be mid.