Reports Square Enix takes huge financial hit due to Marvel’s Avengers game

FooFighters

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
That’s why. I thought it was funny that people tried to get mad over the spider-man DLC. I knew this game would be trash from the first gameplay trailer yet people thinking spiderman coming to the game in 2021 would be a big deal.

They haven’t released any of their DLC characters yet and already lost the majority of their user base. The game is dead in the water. Eventually developers are gonna get the hint with these GAAS
Tbf, this is speaking with hindsight.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
naw i knew this game wouldn't have legs, which is why i didn't even download the beta. Im a huge avengers/marvel fan and the gameplay reveals took the wind out of my sail right off the bat.
the gameplay is the only thing they get right in multiplayer

they just don't give you enough to fight (you can only fight those 4 bosses so many times before being numb to it), decent rewards that allow real buildcrafting, incentive to team up, it was full of bugs at launch - that they easily could've addressed if they weren't adamant about delivering updates on every platform simultaneously, and matchmaking didn't even work on consoles until recently

its easy to see where the financial hit came from. you can't develop for pc, ps4, xbone, the next gen consoles, and stadia at the same time while not even measuring your business model to match up with your online component. this game was meant to sail off microtransactions - everyone knew it - but there's no reason to buy and show off anything because the social component was an afterthought