Reports Square Enix takes huge financial hit due to Marvel’s Avengers game

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Game looked boring from the outset. :manny:
This. The moment I saw those off brand Avongers and heard it was GaaS I was out. Then gameplay videos got released and it looked even worst. I hope the Suicide Squad and Bat Family games learn from this. Quit trying to be Destiny and just be a great co op experience that's content complete.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
shyt was ripoff anyways,glad it flopped. You couldn't even replay the main single player campaign.
for people who don't really fukk with online gaming that means i got charged full game price for what was essentially a rental.
I completed the game once and couldn't play it anymore. it's one thing not having new game plus, but not having new game at all? :mindblown: corporate greed was in full effect. and i was actually hoping for story based dlc's

When your revenue forecast forces you to artificially limit the game in order to extract more money out of players, you deserve to fail. Building a great game should always be the focus over revenue. That's why Nintendo keeps winning because they put the games first.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
When your revenue forecast forces you to artificially limit the game in order to extract more money out of players, you deserve to fail. Building a great game should always be the focus over revenue. That's why Nintendo keeps winning because they put the games first.
Exactly, Rockstar seems to get this. and they still have it both ways. First they make a great game. then they try to milk it with online shyt. and i don't mind that strategy, both audiences are happy.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Yeah, i think they said they were taking their time to fix it and make it as good as possible, same thing that happened to anthem and fallout 76.

Companies need to realize not everything is gonna be successful as destiny. I think those two new Batman games might end up in a similar postion
One is an official sequel to the Arkham series the other is a whole new game including a large part of the Bat family being playable. Plus none of the Batman games have had nearly the game breaking issues this game has apparently had.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Unfortunate, but the they did this to themselves.

To launch a Glass game size years after Destiny to chase all of its successes whole somehow learning from non of its failures is insane.

Also pretty impressive that in a year where this was THE defacto Marvel (non comics) product of the year, this still managed to underperform.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
shyt was ripoff anyways,glad it flopped. You couldn't even replay the main single player campaign.
for people who don't really fukk with online gaming that means i got charged full game price for what was essentially a rental.
I completed the game once and couldn't play it anymore. it's one thing not having new game plus, but not having new game at all? :mindblown: corporate greed was in full effect. and i was actually hoping for story based dlc's

No new game option
:dahell:

Game looks like MVCI and is a weedplate.