Remnant II (PC, PS5, XBX/S) July 25th "Dark Souls with Guns"

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Tried it and its pretty boring quick. Not much progression in characters. Hardly any drops. Bosses are super sponges. Like a 3 man squad will take 8 minutes to kill a boss on survivor, the lowest difficulty.

Had to refund it asap after the snorefest

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Tried it and its pretty boring quick. Not much progression in characters. Hardly any drops. Bosses are super sponges. Like a 3 man squad will take 8 minutes to kill a boss on survivor, the lowest difficulty.

Same tbh. Didnt seem like something Id really get into for any amount of time

Thank god for steam refund window :blessed:

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
60 FPS only goes up to 720P on PS5 and Series X? Damn
This is why I'm not excited about a PS5 pro or whatever else. Game developers can't even get 60 fps on 1080p. Stronger hardware isn't gonna solve everything.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Beat the final boss last night that was truly frustrating but the weapon you get is really good. I know I’m in the 1% BUT this game is the best I’ve played this year straight up goty for me so far, I’m having way too much fun and this is a AA game!

From the puzzles, combat, and game mechanics, the sheer amount of enjoyment is unmatched imo. Even when you complete one run there is so much more to do it’s downright criminal

And this game deserves a sticky at the top of this board regardless of how little attention it’s getting

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת

Same tbh. Didnt seem like something Id really get into for any amount of time

Thank god for steam refund window :blessed:
I get this perspective, but this is definitely a marathon game. It picks up significantly as you progress, especially when it comes time to add your second archetypes.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I get this perspective, but this is definitely a marathon game. It picks up significantly as you progress, especially when it comes time to add your second archetypes.

you probably right but I didn't like how often enemies will legit just spawn behind you with no type of warning and then you get chunked.

If I couldn't refund Id def has trudged thru, but I can so fukk this shyt lol

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps

So it’s the same as part 1

Good to know :unimpressed:

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So it’s the same as part 1

Good to know :unimpressed:

The thing I love about elden ring and the souls games is that when you hit a boss, the HP goes down in a substantial way. The problem is actually hitting the boss is a bich sometimes but when you do, its satisfying. I don't like where I have to reload a 150 round clip 40x in a single boss battle.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Big facts

I can understand cats dropping this after a session because it is best described as a soulslike with guns but the underlying mechanics are what separates it from others in the genre. Patience is the key

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
The thing I love about elden ring and the souls games is that when you hit a boss, the HP goes down in a substantial way. The problem is actually hitting the boss is a bich sometimes but when you do, its satisfying. I don't like where I have to reload a 150 round clip 40x in a single boss battle.
The bullet sponge shyt was in the first game so I expected them to keep that but to see the lack of drops and fights taking forever, this game sounds like an expansion.

It has everything that was shytty about the first game but now it’s prettier. It’s a bad year to pull that shyt off, armored core around the corner, starfield is up the street.

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
Bonded-Shepard.png
Good Lord…been playing since Friday and I’ve yet to come across any armor that looks this nice
r326ILV.png

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The bullet sponge shyt was in the first game so I expected them to keep that but to see the lack of drops and fights taking forever, this game sounds like an expansion.

It has everything that was shytty about the first game but now it’s prettier. It’s a bad year to pull that shyt off, armored core around the corner, starfield is up the street.
I bought it off the strength of the first.

Not seeing a bullet sponge issue, might be because I'm playing solo.

Drops are there, it's just that weapons don't drop. You have to craft/buy the weapons, not sure if that changes later.

I have gathered what seems like 97 rings/accessories through drops tho.