Remnant II (PC, PS5, XBX/S) July 25th "Dark Souls with Guns"

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So I put my game on public and I ran with one cat from 1am to 5. Had no idea that much time passed but I was high af so that probably played a part lol. So far I did the prison then the labyrinth. Running with the Handler because I’m dogset and it was a lil weak at first but after a few levels I can see the potential so I’ll stick with it

Like another poster in here said this game improves everything from the previous, shyt is crack rocks :banderas: :banderas:

I’ll be playing this until AC drops what a good year for games. Idk how anyone else feels but for me personally this has been another great year and it’s going to get extremely better Jesus Christ :ohlawd:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Playing as a Medic and a Handler.

Me and my dog saving lives and boss fights out here :russ:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Bonded-Shepard.png

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Playstation 5 & Series X:
  • Quality Mode: 30 FPS target - ~1296p
    • Hits its FPS target and there's some single dropped frames,
    • Denser foliage
    • Screen space reflections are more detailed and coherent
    • Shadows are higher in resolution, less breakup and artifacting
    • Uses dynamic resolution
    • TSR* upsampling to 1440p
  • Balanced: 60 FPS target - ~792p
    • Does it hits FPS target most of the time, but there are dips in heavy action scenes with one instances going to the 30's. Lab area is denoted as a heavy FPS tanking scenario
    • Balanced & performance look identical
    • Uses dynamic resolution
    • TSR* upsampling to 1440p
  • Performance mode: Unlocked frame rate - ~720p
    • Screen tearing issues are present in this mode.
In motion; quality mode delivers a more stable visual image. Motion blur helps. Series X and PS5 are basically identical. However, if you set the output to 120Hz the refresh rate will be set to go higher than 60fps. On PS5 it will stay in a 60Hz container, meaning that there's no perceivable difference.
VRR does not seem to affect the game as there's still screen tearing, Oliver denotes that this could be an issue with his TV.

Xbox Series S:
  • Quality Mode - ~900p
    • 30 FPS target, same drops are experienced as the bigger console modes, but they are more noticeable and more frequent.
    • Upsamples to 1080p
    • No motion blur
* Oliver speculates that TSR is used and not FSR 2 as comparing to native 1440p on PC the artifact patterns on PC + FSR2 are not similair to the console output at all. Thus concluding that TSR is in use, which is UE5's own method for upsampling

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
so this is the first non-Fortnite UE5 game to release :ehh: