Remember when you could buy a game and play it immediately???

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Xbox one! :mjcry:

Trying to quick resume Final Fantasy XV, only for the game to glitch and crash and having to quit the game and reload the game, when reloading The games takes at least 15 mins to load back up :mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry:
:pjlol:

It's really that bad one the one? :picard:

It worked flawlessly on the Vita let alone PS4.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Games last gen were 15-20GB on average. Games this gen are upwards to 80GB. The load times would be unbearabley long with mandatory HDD installs, even when being read off a disc. I hate it, but it’s a necessary evil.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Rest mode has it's uses but I'd rather cut my console completely off.

Paranoia hasn't failed me yet :yeshrug:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
what type of internet connection y’all rocking with, hearing dudes talmbout rdr2 taking hour to download :mjlol:

how do some of y’all even game online :picard:
The fastest internet available in my area is 40gb and psn doesn't even max it out.

America infrastructure is trash breh. It's why I dont see streaming games in 4k being the norm anytime soon in this country.

:francis:

bordeaux

xxx
Daps
Reppin
God's Plan
one could argue the time it takes to download and install a game is less than or equal that the time spent goin to the store to buy it.

:yeshrug:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Um, there's stand by mode on PS4 that allows it to to auto download/install updates. I never had to sit through to install a system update in quite a while.
It will download the update, but when u turn it on, it still has to install and reset the PS4.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
It was downloaded and ready to go in 45-50 minutes for me. What's with these multi hour downloads and installs y'all are talking about?

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
You dudes are so ignorant holy shyt. Set your fukking console to rest mode so it can download any update you need. And before you have a heart attack on your plastic covered sofa about power, your cable box and computer practically does the same thing(or are you on antennas and typewriters?)

Look at this lil boy, mad as fukk:mjlol:

Go outside kid. It ain't that serious.

ig88

Bounty Hunter
Daps
Reppin
Intergalactic
Copped red dead 10/25/ 1130pm:wow:
Got home around 1230 ish and went to sleep
Got up around 9am popped in red dead "4 hours to download":sadcam:
Went back to sleep and got up around 12:30pm *looks at tv* shyt is paused telling me to insert disc 2 *pops in disc two* . One more hour left :stopitslime:

130pm game is finally done but now I have to go to work :martin:
U fukked up going to sleep without installing breh. Cmon now

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Definitely should have copped the RDR2 digital :pachaha:

I copped the physical game late Friday and was tired AF. Opened the box and there was one play disk and one game install disk. Put in the installation disk and let it install. Went to sleep like :deadrose: and didn't get around to playing the game until this morning. Put in the play disk and it had to install the other half of the game :dead:. In my hazy stupor the other night I didn't notice there were two loading bars for disk one and disk two :pachaha:

Overall this took somewhere in the neighborhood of 2 hours when I could have downloaded the full game in about an hour and been playing the other night :scust: